ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 (general) attribute question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abc111
BANNED

tier 2 visa -software developer

Post by abc111 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:01 pm

hi
my friend is a software developer and completing msc from uk -both semesters thesis are complete. they've got a job offer with basic salary around £28500. please suggest:

1. is the salary within threshold.
2. as they have completed the term, are they allowed to take up full time employment i.e. 40 or more hours per week.
3. can they switch within country
4. how long will they get the visa for, how much is the extension and when will they get ILR.

many thanks.

abc111
BANNED

tier 2 (general) attribute question

Post by abc111 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:52 pm

hi
i believe tier 2 (general) is sponsor related route whereby your employer holding a sponsor certificate can get you right to work in the uk...

if this is true then for blow link on table: tier 2 (general): attribute
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf

it says that applicant should score 50 points for their attributes...are these 30 points if employer holding sponsorship status and 20 for salaries (which if applicant is 'new entrant' under 26 years of age)...OR there are additional attributes listed elsewhere in the doc...!!!

Many thanks...