ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP for my dependants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CMSA
Newly Registered
Philippines

PLEASE HELP for my dependants

Post by CMSA » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi all

I am currently applying for my husband and son’s visa, and I read that you do not need to show bank statements for maintenance if the main applicant (which is me) has a fully A rated sponsorship. They are applying separately, I came here in January. I want ro know how accurate this is. If yes, I also need to know if I just have to give a copy of my CoS or if I still need to ask for a letter from my employer stating that they will on fact cover for my dependants’ maintenance for a month just in case?

Another question is that if I still need to provide a tenancy agreement. I am currently living in a 5 bedroom house share but was supposedly planning to move once the visa application is successful. However I read in this forum as well, dated 2015 that you need to provide proof of tenancy. Please help me 😔 and thanks for your help on advance

Kind regards

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: PLEASE HELP for my dependants

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:48 pm

depends on how old is your son, your application maybe rejected if you are living in just one room.

Anyway, you also need landlord approval if you have new members move in, and proved by landlord's letter. Without this, your application will be rejected, because you have no prove that they have proper accommodation when they are in hte UK.

If you decide to move, you must have proper new tenancy before their application.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

vinny

Re: PLEASE HELP for my dependants

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:57 am

CMSA wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:13 pm
I am currently applying for my husband and son’s visa, and I read that you do not need to show bank statements for maintenance if the main applicant (which is me) has a fully A rated sponsorship. They are applying separately, I came here in January. I want ro know how accurate this is. If yes, I also need to know if I just have to give a copy of my CoS or if I still need to ask for a letter from my employer stating that they will on fact cover for my dependants’ maintenance for a month just in case?

Appendix E:
(h) If the funds in question were obtained when the person referred to in (f) above was in the UK, the funds must have been obtained while that person had valid leave and was not acting in breach of any conditions attached to that leave; and
(i) In the following cases, sufficient funds will be deemed to be available where all of the following conditions are met:
(1) the Relevant Points Based System Migrant to whom the application is connected has, or is being granted, leave as a Tier 2 Migrant or as a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant,
(2) the Sponsor of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant is A-rated, and
(3) that Sponsor has certified that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependants of the relevant Points Based System Migrant up to the end of the first month of the dependant’s leave, if granted, by either:
a. endorsing the certification on the Certificate of Sponsorship, or
b. providing the certification in a letter from the sponsor which includes:
i. the applicant’s name,
ii. the sponsor’s name and logo, and
iii. details of any limit on the level of the undertaking provided.
The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £630 per dependant. If the relevant Points Based System Migrant is applying at the same time as the applicant, points will only be awarded if the Relevant Points Based System Migrant provides a valid Certificate of Sponsorship reference number with his application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.