ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa for baby born in the UK? (TIER2 parents)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

murillobraga
Newly Registered

Tourist visa for baby born in the UK? (TIER2 parents)

Post by murillobraga » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:29 am

Myself and wife are under the TIER2 visa and we had a baby recently. First, we got her passport issued and a few weeks ago, we've applied for the dependent visa, that hasn't been yet issued (the deadline of 8 weeks is almost being hit).

The problem is that we wanted to go abroad on Christmas (we've bought the tickets already), but as per what I've seen, we will need her visa in order to enter the UK.

The question is: is it possible to go outside of the UK without her Visa/BRP and once are come back in, ask the officer to stamp her passport with a "tourist visa" and once we get her BRP, we sort it out?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tourist visa for baby born in the UK? (TIER2 parents)

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 am

Being stamped in as a visitor is a diffirent immigration category and could invalidate the dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pere0026
Mood:

Post by pere0026 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm

as CR00 mentioned above U can't apply for 2 different visas at the same time also take into account time which U'll need to spend abroad until U'll receive tourist visa for Ur daughter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Moreover, 319H
(h) An applicant who is applying for leave to remain must not have last been granted:
(i) entry clearance or leave as a:
(a) visitor, including where they entered the United Kingdom from the Republic of Ireland to stay under the terms of articles 3A and 4 of the Immigration (Control of Entry through the Republic of Ireland) Order 1972 (as amended by the Immigration (Control of Entry through Republic of Ireland) (Amendment) Order 2014) on the basis of a visa issued by the Republic of Ireland authorities endorsed with the letters “BIVS” for the purpose of travelling and staying in the Republic for a period of 90 days or fewer; or
prevents child from switching to PBS dependant leave to remain.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

buntydas13
Newly Registered

Post by buntydas13 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:37 pm

murillobraga wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:29 am
Myself and wife are under the TIER2 visa and we had a baby recently. First, we got her passport issued and a few weeks ago, we've applied for the dependent visa, that hasn't been yet issued (the deadline of 8 weeks is almost being hit).

The problem is that we wanted to go abroad on Christmas (we've bought the tickets already), but as per what I've seen, we will need her visa in order to enter the UK.

The question is: is it possible to go outside of the UK without her Visa/BRP and once are come back in, ask the officer to stamp her passport with a "tourist visa" and once we get her BRP, we sort it out?

Thanks
Hi friend, didn't wanted to bump on your thread but I have applied for baby passport and me and my wife are also on tier 2 visa..

Could you elaborate on the documents that you were requested during baby visa application and during biometrics?

As i have biometric appointment next week.

Regards, Shubhendu