ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for my dependent Tier 2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 2 Extension for my dependent, ILR and IHS

Post by zeeshan8800 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:35 am

Hello,

I have recently granted ILR (Aug 2018) after completing 5 years on Tier 2 (General visa) route. My wife came to UK in Sep 2014 on dependent Tier 2 visa and her ILR is due in November 2019 but she needs Tier 2 extension for 6 months or so. I have a few questions:

1 - IHS has been increased and I think she will extend her visa up to 3 years but after a few months if she applies for ILR, is that remaining IHS will be refunded? If yes, how would we do that?

2 - For her Tier 2 extension, does she needs anything from me other than any related relationship documents? Any company document? She is a house-wife by the way.

3 - She has a bank saving (bank statement) of more than £1000, is that ok for her to apply with that?

4 - Also we have a baby in Nov 2018 born in UK? Any impact of this on her extension or need of any other document?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Extension for my dependent, ILR and IHS

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm

1. Unlikely as HO states clearly there won't be a refund if you apply for ILR.

2. The online form process will tell you what to submit.

3. Yes.

4. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Partner Visa Extension

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I got my ILR last year in August 2018 through Tier 2 route. My wife visa is going to expire in April this year and I am going to extend her visa again on the same route. Later in this year, She will then apply for ILR. I know IHS has been increased but I need to know if I am doing right? I am applying through https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ for her extension and have plan to post the documents to HO. At the end of this saved application, it is saying that visa application fees is £970.20? I thought that visa fees for Tier 2 dependent is around £610. Please let me know if I am doing this right. I can see that maintenance funds should be around £630.

Also, during application, it has asked about my Tier 2 history like COS and CAS Length, am I working in shortage occupation and which Tier route I followed in the past. Am I doing this right?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Partner Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:18 pm

I am applying through https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ for her extension and have plan to post the documents to HO.
What option have you selected? This is the link from the tier 2 general dependent HO page : https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
At the end of this saved application, it is saying that visa application fees is £970.20? I thought that visa fees for Tier 2 dependent is around £610. Please let me know if I am doing this right.
Again, what category have you selected in the link you posted? It is £704 for an extension.
I can see that maintenance funds should be around £630.
Correct, held for a minimum of 90 days.
Also, during application, it has asked about my Tier 2 history like COS and CAS Length, am I working in shortage occupation and which Tier route I followed in the past. Am I doing this right?
Yes, but it should also ask you somewhere if the main tier 2 visa holder now has ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:18 pm
I am applying through https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ for her extension and have plan to post the documents to HO.
What option have you selected? This is the link from the tier 2 general dependent HO page : https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

I have selected "PBS Depedent -Partner" type of Visa/Application
At the end of this saved application, it is saying that visa application fees is £947.20? I thought that visa fees for Tier 2 dependent is around £610. Please let me know if I am doing this right.
Again, what category have you selected in the link you posted? It is £704 for an extension.

I have selected "PBS Depedent -Partner" type of Visa/Application. I have mention my information first and then added my wife information who is looking for extension. I haven't added IHS and save the application and download it. At the last page, it has stated this £947.20 fees.

I can see that maintenance funds should be around £630.
Correct, held for a minimum of 90 days.
Yes, but it should also ask you somewhere if the main tier 2 visa holder now has ILR.

Yes It has mention in one of the questions about my ILR and this has been asked at the start of the application/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:52 pm

1. You should use the link I provided as on the link you have provided, I am not sure where you went for category as it list all UKVI visas.

2. Your partner is the main applicant so the partner details must be listed in main applicant details not yours (if this is what you mean). The fee you have been quoted appears to be for 2 applicants and it should state this somewhere. It looks like it might be the application from abroad using the exchange rate you are using the link for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Thank you for your link. It's the same link. the amount increase and decrease with this question:

The person you are joining or accompanying:
Given names: My Name
Family name: My Name
What is My Name country of nationality? Pakistan
Which visa or permission to stay has My Name applied for or been granted? Tier 2 (General) leave to remain
What is My Name date of birth? ##/##/####
Do you have one of these Home Office reference numbers for My Name? Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number
BRP number #########
Does My Name have indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship? Yes
Is My Name work in a shortage occupation? Yes
What is the length of My Name Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? more than 3 years (£940) or less than 3 years (£483)

Then it start PBS dependent partner details and at the end when you download document, it just have PBS dependent as main applicant along with my basic details.

I have follow your link and click on "Apply Now" at the bottom.

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:50 pm

This option related to my partner application decide the application fees and this question belong to me. I have selected No to this. Is this right?

Is My Name work in a shortage occupation? Yes
What is the length of My Name Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? more than 3 years (£940) or less than 3 years (£483)

But if I select no......

Is My Name work in a shortage occupation? No
What is the length of My Name Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? more than 3 years (£1427.20) or less than 3 years (£723.20)

Thank you.

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applying for my dependent Tier 2 visa

Post by zeeshan8800 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Hello,

I am applying my wife Tier 2 dependent visa today. She needs 3 years extension but she will be eligible for ILR at the end of this year. I got ILR last August 2018 and due for British citizen laster this year.

Application type is PBS Dependant - Partner - Is this right for her? Total cost is £723 approx for Tier 2 dependent extension.

When I am paying for IHS for her, it asked me the following. Please guide me is this correct?

Visa route: Tier 2 PBS Dependant
Visa type: Tier 2 (General); up to 3 years

Do I need to fill anything in next screen You're joining or remaining with this person in the UK - Add this person's details. If yes, then there is no ILR options, in fact Tier 2 options are there. Should I need to enter my name and old details? If yes, then shall I enter my previous Tier 2 details in it?

Thank you.

charua4

Re: Applying for my dependent Tier 2 visa

Post by charua4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi Zeeshan

Can you please confirm what amount you submitted for application ?

What CoS length did you select and whether you selected SOC as yes or no ?

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello,

It was around £1400 including a health surcharge (around £650). Honestly, I didn't remember too much about this application. I remember I applied on behalf of my partner for 3 years and I mention SOC under which I applied at the start of my Tier 2 visa. In the end, HO found all my information on their systems for my dependent. My dependent got an extension within 6 weeks early this year.

Cheers!

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks Zeeshan

Will it be possible for you to check the application you filled and please tell me the values used for below questions, my situation is pretty much same as yours :)

Is Mr XXXX work in a shortage occupation?
What is the length of Mr XXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:23 am

Just let you know my situation at that time. I was on ILR and my wife (dependent) was applying for Tier 2 Extension.

This question links to me for my dependent application:

Is Mr XXXX work in a shortage occupation? No
What is the length of Mr XXX Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? 3 years or less

Also, I paid £723 + Health Surcharge and my dependent got extension in 3-4 weeks time.

Hope this helps you :)

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:27 am

Great Many thanks Zeeshan.

Can you please confirm one more point.

What was the original length of your CoS ? (Was it greater than 3 years and you still selected upto 3 years, or was it less than 3 years and you selected upto 3 years )

In my husband's case : his Cos length was 5 years (2014-2019)

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:35 am

In my case was 3 years because, in my time (2012), Tier 2 was valid initially for only 2 years along with COS and then you need to reapply for another Tier 2 extension (3 years) + need new COS to apply along with this extension. So I said 3 years or less (you have this option) in my dependent application.

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:40 am

Ok many thanks Zeeshan. Then I believe my case is little different. My husband CoS was for 5 years(2014-2019). So am not sure if I should select "less than 3 years" or "more than 3 years".
Both of these options leads to different fees and there is quiet a fees difference in both :(

zeeshan8800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshan8800 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:27 am

I have this feeling that you need to enter "more than 3 years" because I have two COS (2013-2018)

I also advise that put your question in a separate post and someone will help you as someone will help you in resolving this question. This forum helps me for the last 5-6 years as someone is always there for help.

All the best!

charua4

Post by charua4 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:29 am

Yes I opened a new thread as well , Many thanks Zeeshan for replying.