ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Loss of sponsor's license while employer agreed to hire me

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gahn679
Newly Registered
Kyrgyzstan

Loss of sponsor's license while employer agreed to hire me

Post by gahn679 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I am non-EU Software developer and company(UK based) very willing to sponsor me got acquired by Greek company that doesn't have presence in UK. :((

While UK company had a sponsors license, now circumstances have changed. I have read on guidance that `mergers or takeovers` affect current license and after brief research I started to think that UK company will probably lose its license and it will need to reapply . Hopefully I am wrong here(:fingers_crossed:)

I really wanted to work for this company, but unfortunately now it seems like I won't be able to apply to Tier 2(General), since Greek company doesn't have sponsor license in UK.

UK company asked me to do research on this and give them timelines(Getting new sponsor license, COS how long will it take etc.). I need to get back to them with some sort of "solid" plan of actions sometime next week. I don't want to start looking for a new job in another company, because it is just excruciating :(

So guys, what do you advise to do from now on?

I have a lot of questions in my head right now like - How long will it take to get a new one and which type of sponsor license Greek company will have to apply, will it difficult or do I have any chance to be legally employed in that company anymore etc.?
Any suggestions or ideas are very much appreciated!

Thank you.

Casa

Re: Loss of sponsor's license while employer agreed to hire me

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 pm

gahn679 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:32 pm

UK company asked me to do research on this and give them timelines(Getting new sponsor license, COS how long will it take etc.). I need to get back to them with some sort of "solid" plan of actions sometime next week.
This is the responsibility of the UK company. They have contact with the Home Office :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.