ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Answered home office call incorrectly

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hm123
Newly Registered

Answered home office call incorrectly

Post by Hm123 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:04 am

Hello

I'm currently at work and when home office called me i was at work. They thereafter called the main office at work which is separate to my office and one of the admin workers, - not the director - answered the call and they said I'm not in as I had said the day before I wasn't coming in but I had decided later and actually had gone in to work. I have been working here for 2 full years and I have wage slips to confirm this. Please advise as I'm really stressed how can I prove that I was at work and the other individual wasnt aware of this as our times are different and we work separately notnin the same department. This might be a jumble of words but I'm very stressed as me and my partner have been in long distance for over a year and I put all my savings into this. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Answered home office call incorrectly

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:14 am

What visa exactly have you applied for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hm123
Newly Registered

Post by Hm123 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:27 am

I've just realised I may have posted in the wrong thread as.its my first time using this website. I apologise for this.

I'm the sponsor and the Visa is for my spouse, who will be joining me

Hm123
Newly Registered

Post by Hm123 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:22 pm

I would be grateful for a reply. Any help would be appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:25 pm

If they want to speak to you they will call again
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:28 pm

In my view if your employer had at least confirmed your length of service, wages and job title then despite being its incorrectly answered that you were not present on that particular day may not be an issue.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hm123
Newly Registered

Post by Hm123 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:09 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:28 pm
In my view if your employer had at least confirmed your length of service, wages and job title then despite being its incorrectly answered that you were not present on that particular day may not be an issue.
Thank you for your reply.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm

If the person answered the phone and confirmed you worked there but just not in the office, there is every chance that would be good enough.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:05 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm
If the person answered the phone and confirmed you worked there but just not in the office, there is every chance that would be good enough.
Hm123 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:04 am
answered the call and they said I'm not in as I had said the day before I wasn't coming in but I had decided later and actually had gone in to work.
seagul wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:28 pm
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hm123
Newly Registered

Post by Hm123 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
They did definitely confirm i work there and I have been for 2 years, before my relationship even started but the person who answered the phone was just a colleague not a manager or someone with authority, so they assumed i wasnt in and said I was off sick (which I usually I'm due to medical reasons) but i was at work today so when they rang me I said that I was at work. So would this be an issue if we both gave different answers?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated

Sil123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sil123 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:16 am

Hm123 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm
Frontier Mole wrote:
They did definitely confirm i work there and I have been for 2 years, before my relationship even started but the person who answered the phone was just a colleague not a manager or someone with authority, so they assumed i wasnt in and said I was off sick (which I usually I'm due to medical reasons) but i was at work today so when they rang me I said that I was at work. So would this be an issue if we both gave different answers?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated
Hello There,
I hope the VISA was approved for you. I am in the similar situation. I have applied for Spouse settlement VISA as on 28th September on Priority request. Is it possible for you to tell me how long did it take for you to receive the Results post the phone call from HO. I had HO call yesterday and they asked me bout my employment and employer for 30 minutes. I work in a company which is established from 1841 and has employees more then 2500. Not sure why thy called. Can you help me with the time frame please.