ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How early tier 2 dependent of British citizen can apply for visa extension?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nirmayvathsa

How early tier 2 dependent of British citizen can apply for visa extension?

Post by nirmayvathsa » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi ,
I am a naturalised British citizen via tier 2 general visa followed by ILR route . My wife and son are Indian passport holders and they are still on tier 2 general dependent visas and they have not completed mandatory 5 year period of stay in the uk . And, their visa expires on 27th September 2020 .

My question is, how early can they apply for extension of their tier 2 dependent visa? Is it ok if we plan to apply for extension in the first week of June for priority visa which is decided in 5 days ?

The reason we would like to apply soon is , we are planning to go on a trekking holiday to Europe in Switzerland, Italy and France in July and as per schengen visa requirements, the BRP card must have three months validity after return date from Europe .

And , I am aware that we would be losing three months in qualifying period for ILR if we apply early for extension , but we would still want to do it as we want to go on this holiday .

Please help .

Srini

vinny

Re: How early tier 2 dependent of British citizen can apply for visa extension?

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:25 am

Applicants may apply for extensions at any time, subject to satisfying the requirements under 319C or 319H. The early-time restriction applies to ILR applications under 319E, where they may apply no sooner than 28 days prior to the completion of the 5 years qualifying period.

Caseworkers should grant leave for 3 years from the date of the decision.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.