ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice for disabled child visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abdali
Newly Registered
Philippines

Need advice for disabled child visa

Post by abdali » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Background;

My wife is a doctor by profession and has a kid, she recently got a job offer from NHS and we are going to apply tier 2 general visa. Unfortunately recently we noticed our baby showing some symptoms of Autism (though it’s so early to confirm his diagnosis as he is mere 17 months old).

I have two questions;

1. Supposed my baby diagnosed with autism in coming days (before applying our visa), will it effect our(for me, my wife and our child) visa application?

If this will not effect our visa application then;

2. How our baby’s condition can effect future applicants of ILR and BC?

Thanks in advance.

Waiting anxiously for value able opinions!

Casa

Re: Need advice for disabled child visa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 pm

abdali wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:02 pm
Hello everyone,

Background;

My wife is a doctor by profession and has a kid, she recently got a job offer from NHS and we are going to apply tier 2 general visa. Unfortunately recently we noticed our baby showing some symptoms of Autism (though it’s so early to confirm his diagnosis as he is mere 17 months old).

I have two questions;

1. Supposed my baby diagnosed with autism in coming days (before applying our visa), will it effect our(for me, my wife and our child) visa application? NO

If this will not effect our visa application then;

2. How our baby’s condition can effect future applicants of ILR and BC? It won't.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting anxiously for value able opinions!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

abdali
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by abdali » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks for swift reply

abdali
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by abdali » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Can anyone shed more light please?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:17 pm

I think that's as light as it gets. Guidance documents and a link to a paper version of the application form (the application itself is online unless you're from North Korea but gives an idea of the questions asked) from the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Refusing an application due to your child (possibly) being on the autistic spectrum would be discriminatory.

Also it's common within the UK for even mainstream schools in the state system (non-fee paying) to provide additional help for children who have special needs, including autism.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hashim1
BANNED

Post by hashim1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:41 pm
Refusing an application due to your child (possibly) being on the autistic spectrum would be discriminatory.

Also it's common within the UK for even mainstream schools in the state system (non-fee paying) to provide additional help for children who have special needs, including autism.
This will change under Boris. Too many people taking advantage of NHS

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:09 pm

hashim1 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:38 pm
Casa wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:41 pm

This will change under Boris. Too many people taking advantage of NHS
Perhaps you are unaware that the parents and child will have paid the NHS surcharge before arriving in the UK which will cover them for all NHS treatment. However for clarity, Special Educational Needs (SEN) assistance for children attending nurseries or schools in the UK are not provided by the NHS. :idea:

If you would like to familiarise yourself with this, all the information is in the Government link below:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... y_2015.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)

abdali
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by abdali » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks everyone for valuable information.