ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa curtailment letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jitin_g
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Visa curtailment letter

Post by jitin_g » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi,

I was working in a company with Tier 2 visa and resigned from the company with last working date on Feb 5 2020. I have not received my Visa curtailment letter yet (after 1.5 months). I have changed my address and have requested the address change recently. How can I find with home office if they have issued the Visa curtailment letter or not. Can I check online what my current right to work status is.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Visa curtailment letter

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:01 pm

Curtailment letters take a few months, possible longer if ho don't initially have a current address.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jitin_g
Newly Registered
India

Post by jitin_g » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Thanks for the reply, but how can I find out what my right to work status is and how long can I stay within UK as I want to avoid overstay here.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:13 am

Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

jitin_g
Newly Registered
India

Post by jitin_g » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:48 am

Thanks for the link.

It shows i have right to work till 2022.

1) Does this means that the curtailment letter has not been issued yet?
2) When the curtailment letter will be issued will they update the the right to work date also
3) It also shows that I can work part time, can I work only in IT field as I my current role was in IT or can I also work in non-IT areas also. I will need to work till I find a new sponsor.

With Regards,
Jitin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:10 pm

1. Presumably yes. As I already said, curtailment letter can take awhile to get sent out.

2. Yes.

3. If you are not working for your main tier 2 sponsor anymore, you cannot do any other type of work, full time or part time, I any type of occupation. The 20 hours per week second job only applies if you are still working for your tier 2 sponsor. So you will effectively bee totally unemployed until you find a new sponsor and get a new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vtox
Mood:
India

Post by vtox » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:55 am

Hey Jitin_g,

I am on ger tier 2 visa and currently serving the notice period. Can you please let me know how to change the address for home office to communicate my curtailment letter.

Thank you

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 pm

vtox
Mood:
India

Post by vtox » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Thanks for sharing the so quickly, I don't know ARC number, that is number and where can I get this?