ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Spouse and Children

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

opteml1
Newly Registered

Visa for Spouse and Children

Post by opteml1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:31 pm

Hello experts,
I would like to ask regarding the spouse and children visa for I am little bit confused regarding from where should I apply.
I am on Tier 2 General Leave to Remain (employer Sponsored) visa and my visa is valid till 2023.
My spouse's and children's visa type is PBS Dependent .They are currently in UK and staying with me.
It is expiring this Novemeber , 2020. So I would like to extend them till 2023.

My queries are:
1. Can any body help me in where exactly should I start for online application. If you can give me link that would be great.
2. What will be the total charge (including visa fee and NHS surcharge) to apply till 2023 for my wife and 2 children. This will give me an idea what budget should I aim for.
3. When should I start to apply ( spouse's and children's visa is expiring on this Novemeber , 2020)

Regards
sane

vinny

Re: Visa for Spouse and Children

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 am

1. Family members.

2. Fees.

3. They may extend at anytime you are ready prior to expiry of leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

opteml1
Newly Registered

Post by opteml1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:19 am

Hello Vinny,
Thank you for your reply. That was very useful.
1. But In the link, couldn't find any application form. Only a link for application form for application from outside the UK is available. Can you point out the link for online application when apply from inside UK. Sorry if I miss this out.

2. Also I could understand that there is a immigration surcharge rise to £624 in October. I intend to apply on August 2020. Will this fee increase will be aplicable (since familys visa expiry in on Novemeber 2020)

3. Knowledge of English - For PBS dependent is this applicable. ?

Regards
Sane

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:44 am

1. But In the link, couldn't find any application form. Only a link for application form for application from outside the UK is available. Can you point out the link for online application when apply from inside UK. Sorry if I miss this out.
Did you scroll further down the page?
Dependants applying in the UK on their own
Your dependants can apply to extend or switch their visas to stay with you if they’re already in the UK.

Your family members can apply online if they’re your:

partner
child
It’s best for your dependants to apply at the same time as you but they can apply at a later date.
2. Also I could understand that there is a immigration surcharge rise to £624 in October. I intend to apply on August 2020. Will this fee increase will be aplicable (since familys visa expiry in on Novemeber 2020)
The date of application and applicable fees is the date you submit and pay online and not relevant to the expiry date of their visas.
3. Knowledge of English - For PBS dependent is this applicable. ?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

opteml1
Newly Registered

Post by opteml1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi
Thank you for your reply. That indeed clarified my queries.

I scrolled down further down the page .
I could find the spouse visa application at :
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1592342543

Thank you for your support.

Regards
Sane

opteml1
Newly Registered

Post by opteml1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:41 am

Hello Experts,
I am in the process of completing the PBS dependent partner application( for extending the staying of my spouse and children as they already have the BRP card up t November 2020).
While filling the application I encountered some 2 questions for which I am confused what to answer.

Question 1 in the application:
Do you currently have a valid visa or leave to remain as a
dependant of a points-based system (PBS) migrant?

Question 2 in the application:
What is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain?

My spouse and children have BRP card and in the BRP card it is printed as
" LEAVE TO ENTER" and not "LEAVE TO REMAIN". They also have Entry Clearance stamp on their
passports with a valid from date.

1. Is it safe to answer the Question 1 above --> as Yes (considering BRP card is the valid visa or BRP card printed as LEAVE TO ENTER is equivalent to LEAVE TO REMAIN).
2. For Question 2 --> Is it Ok to write the date of the Entry clearance start date (Valid From Date ) on passport here?
3.There is a document submission page where it asks for proof of maintenance funds. We have chosen the Bank account. Whether this bank account needs to be my spouse account or my(main applicant) account.

Regards
Sane

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:44 am

1. It's fine to answer yes.

2. Yes.

3. Either of you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

opteml1
Newly Registered

Post by opteml1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi
Thank you for your quick reply.

Sane

opteml1
Newly Registered

Post by opteml1 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:15 am

Hi Experts,
Some more query:
1. The PBS guidance for maintenance requirement tells that : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2020.pdf --> Page 16 , Clause 91 tells that:
"91. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement"
[ As a background information, I am not applying now as I have already a Tier 2 General Leave to Remain (employer Sponsored) up to 2023. This application is only for spouse's and children.]
Here it infers that the spouse should provide proof of maintenance requirement. But as she is not working she doesn't have enough funds in her bank account to show as proof. From your earlier mail I am planning to provide my bank account as proof. But If I attach my bank account details should I put extra information to convey home office that it is my bank account and not spouse's. If I have to provide where should I provide that?
2. One more document needed as quoted from application form:
"£1890.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days
Your documents must show you have had at least £1890.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days. You can provide multiple documents to show this amount
"
Is the bank account of mine which I provide as proof is valid here ? or should I provide a separate bank statement in the name of my spouse's ?

Regards
Sane

opteml1
Newly Registered

Post by opteml1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Hello,
Any one please ?