ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant -Spouse ILR-docs requested on email

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ATHILL
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependant -Spouse ILR-docs requested on email

Post by ATHILL » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:32 am

Hi

I am applying Tier 2 dependent extension (with spouse on ILR).
Current visa expiry : 26/07/2020

I have submitted my application online, but unable to book any appointment as there are none available on UKVCAS website. I got an email from WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk 2 days back asking
We are keen for this disruption to have a minimal impact on our processing times and as such we are asking that you send us scanned copies of the following documents: -

Evidence that your marriage is genuine and subsisting
I have a few questions, if someone could help me out on this please.

1. is this email legit?
2. What documents do i send? Only marraige certificates and cohabitation proofs?
We own a house together for last 2 years, would the docs related to that would suffice for cohabitation?
3. If I were to send all docs that I would upload to UKVCAS site, however 90 days for fund maintenance proof is short of 5 days(as of today). Should i wait and submit on the 24th instead?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependant -Spouse ILR-docs requested on email

Post by Evicra » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:41 am

1. is this email legit?
Yes. email is genuine.

2. What documents do i send? Only marraige certificates and cohabitation proofs?
We own a house together for last 2 years, would the docs related to that would suffice for cohabitation?

Send them all required documents as they have requested

3. If I were to send all docs that I would upload to UKVCAS site, however 90 days for fund maintenance proof is short of 5 days(as of today). Should i wait and submit on the 24th instead?

i would suggest on the safe side. wait till 24th

ATHILL
Newly Registered
India

Post by ATHILL » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:46 am

Thank you,

"Evidence that your marriage is genuine and subsisting" - This is what the email said. I am not sure if it means cohabitation too.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:31 am

Any evidence that can prove that your marriage is genuine and continuous.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:27 am

ATHILL wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:46 am
Thank you,

"Evidence that your marriage is genuine and subsisting" - This is what the email said. I am not sure if it means cohabitation too.
You need two years evidence of cohabitation in both your names, ie letters, utility bills, council tax, etc, to prove you have been living together in a subsisting relationship. You need items for every 3 to 4 months over the two years from 3 to 6 different sources.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.