ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion Tier 2 or ILR dependent child outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Wattsunn
Newly Registered
India

Confusion Tier 2 or ILR dependent child outside UK

Post by Wattsunn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi all,

I have a slight complex case. I need to apply for dependent visa to get my newborn from India to UK born in India and stuck due to Lockdown. Now my question is I am on Tier2 and eligible for ILR on 1st August 2020 which I plan to go ahead.

Should I apply for them as Tier2 dependent if visa services open in July. Will this make any difference if they travel to UK after I have got my ILR. My wife is also stuck and needs to be back by August end under 180 days. If visa service opens I will hope to get them soon and fly them to UK before applying ILR.

Or should I wait to get ILR and then apply in August as ILR dependent. My worries are what is more speedier as I would prefer if newborn can travel back with my wife before end of August. Secondly is there any difference in fee I see for Tier 2 IHC is to be paid but not sure if its same for ILR.

Is there are difference in documentation and will application work if I am not there. We will have below documents

My wife Passport and BRP Tier 2
My newborn passport + TB (will get them done soon)
Birth certificate
email bank statement of mine

I cannot send my passport as I am in UK
Anything else I will need?

I am weighing all options as this year has just become a lot turbulent like many of us have already faced, nothing has worked as planned.

Many thanks for your help!
:)

vinny

Re: Confusion Tier 2 or ILR dependent child outside UK

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:19 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.