ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant to General Tier2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependant to General Tier2

Post by Nazir010119 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 am

Hi,

I am currently working on Tier2 dependant, my current organization has agreed to sponsor me a General tier 2 under the new PBS in Jan21, the questions now I had are,

1) Will my current organization have to publish an advertisement on job portals for a month before they issue me a COS?

2) I believe under the new PBS i can apply for the General tier 2 within the UK? without taking an employment gap?

Thanks in advance.

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Dependant to General Tier2

Post by Nazir010119 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Any updates? Does any one have information on it?

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

IELTS Exam Requirement

Post by Nazir010119 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:16 am

Hi,

Apologies in advance if I am asking the same question again.

I am working on my skilled worker visa application, and as a part of it wanted to know which IELTS exam i need to appear, as I see there some different types like A1, B1, A2 .

Waseem432000
Mood:

Re: IELTS Exam Requirement

Post by Waseem432000 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:36 am

I could be wrong here but there are two types of IELTS exams. One is called academic and the second is called General module and you need to appear in the General module as academic is, as the name says, for academic reasons and study visas.

vinny

Re: IELTS Exam Requirement

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:03 pm

Points for the English language requirement (mandatory)
SW 7.1. An applicant must show English language ability on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in all 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening) of at least level B1 (intermediate).

SW 7.2. The applicant must show they meet the English language requirement as specified in Appendix English Language.

SW 7.3. If the requirements in SW 7.1. to SW 7.2. are met, the applicant will be awarded 10 mandatory points for meeting the English language requirement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

Employment Letter for Skilled worker visa

Post by Nazir010119 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:07 am

Hi all,

I am currently working in the UK on a Tier2 dependant visa. My employer has agreed to sponsor me with a skilled worker visa.
My question Is will my company have to issue a new offer letter as my visa type will change?

or can I use the old offer letter as employment evidence for the skilled worker visa processing?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Employment Letter for Skilled worker visa

Post by manci » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:08 pm

Your employment contract and immigration status are separate matters.

Your employer will assign a CoS to you following which you'll need to apply for a Skilled Worker permission (visa).

As a PBS Dependant you are allowed to work but don't have to work, so there is no need to evidence your work record.

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

Re: Employment Letter for Skilled worker visa

Post by Nazir010119 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:51 am

Thanks Manci.

I only had a question as it was mentioned as a requirement document that i need to submit the employment letter as well during documents submission for visa processing.

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependant to Skilled Worker visa

Post by Nazir010119 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:28 am

Hi

I am currently in UK on a General Tier2 dependant visa, my employer has agreed to provide me with a sponsorship letter for moving to Skilled worker visa.

Can i apply for the skilled worker visa within UK? or do i need to apply from my home country(India)?

vinny

Re: Tier 2 Dependant to Skilled Worker visa

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:09 pm

SW 1.5.
An applicant who is applying for permission to stay must be in the UK on the date of application and must not have, or have last been granted, permission:
  • (a) as a Visitor; or
  • (b) as a Short-term student; or
  • (c) as a Parent of a Child Student; or
  • (d) as a Seasonal Worker; or
  • (e) as a Domestic Worker in a Private Household; or
  • (f) outside the Immigration Rules.
does not prevent a dependant from making a valid application in the UK.

Also subject to:

SW 17.1.
If the decision maker is satisfied all the suitability and relevant eligibility requirements for a Skilled Worker are met, the application will be granted, otherwise the application will be refused.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:19 pm

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:28 pm