ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker- Sponsor Relative

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raj_sharma
Newly Registered

Skilled Worker- Sponsor Relative

Post by raj_sharma » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:34 am

Hi all,

I am looking for some early advice regarding sponsoring a relative such as Nephew as a skilled worker. He has good experience and UK degree. However. some forums mentioned you can’t sponsor family or relatives as skilled worker, is this correct? In my case prospect employee is in UK on student visa and finishing his degree next year. He is very bright and worth to recruit.

I will definitely go for legal advice once I know it is acceptable

Thanks in advance

Raj
UK

vinny

Re: Skilled Worker- Sponsor Relative

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:45 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Skilled Worker- Sponsor Relative

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:11 pm

The rules are clear under Skilled Worker as to who constitutes a relative. What is perhaps not as clear as to when it is acceptable or not acceptable to Sponsor a relative.

There is no outright rule that states relatives can not be employed but it does set out the processes that need to be followed to adhere to the guidance if a relative is going to be offered Sponsorship.

My advice is to seek professional help as it is a minefield and you have to be at an arms length in the process.