ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer to a new UK Sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sujit89
Newly Registered
India

Transfer to a new UK Sponsor

Post by sujit89 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:50 pm

I am currently in UK and in the process of renewing my Tier2 General Visa (Skilled Worker Visa) with my new employer. Current visa expires on 14 May 2022. I will be submitting my Visa application before 14 May 2022.

Queries -
1. Can I continue to work with my old employer until my new visa application is approved and I receive my new Biometrics Resident Permit (which will be later than my current visa expiry 14 May 2022)?

2. Is there any implication in my future applications (ILR) if there is a gap in getting the new Visa? There won’t be any gap in the employment as I will be still be employed with my old employer till I get my new Visa.

Nazir010119
Newly Registered
India

Re: Transfer to a new UK Sponsor

Post by Nazir010119 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:04 pm

Can I continue to work with my old employer until my new visa application is approved and I receive my new Biometrics Resident Permit (which will be later than my current visa expiry 14 May 2022)? Yes

2. Is there any implication in my future applications (ILR) if there is a gap in getting the new Visa? There won’t be any gap in the employment as I will be still be employed with my old employer till I get my new Visa. - No

sujit89
Newly Registered
India

Post by sujit89 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:15 pm

Thank you @Nazir for your kind response.

To continue working with my old employer post the visa expiry and while my new visa application is in progress, do my old employer has to do an ECS (Employee Checking Service) Check to get my Right To Work in UK or this is not required?

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:52 pm

sujit89 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:15 pm
Thank you @Nazir for your kind response.

To continue working with my old employer post the visa expiry and while my new visa application is in progress, do my old employer has to do an ECS (Employee Checking Service) Check to get my Right To Work in UK or this is not required?
Yes, you will need to give them the UAN of your application. You don't need to tell them what visa you are applying for.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.