ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed with query (extension of visa for wife and daughter)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

garga
Newly Registered
India

Help needed with query (extension of visa for wife and daughter)

Post by garga » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:10 pm

My wife and daughter (born in the UK in February 2021) needs to extend her PBS tier 2 dependent visa (issued in 2019 and 2021 respectively). I have moved to ILR now this year (in skilled worker category) and I was previously on Tier 2 (general) visa while working as doctor in NHS. My daughter was previously exempted from IHS surcharge as I was working in healthcare. Because now I have ILR, in which category my daughter and wife need to apply for extension of the visa and will they be exempted from IHS ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help needed with query (extension of visa for wife and daughter)

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:20 am

As your daughter is UK born, you can apply to register her as British as you have ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

garga
Newly Registered
India

Re: Help needed with query (extension of visa for wife and daughter)

Post by garga » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:02 pm

I do not wish to apply for citizenship of my daughter but I would like to extend the visa of my wife and daughter. What category should I use for application? Skilled care visa dependent OR Health care worker dependent?
I guess I can save money for IHS if I apply in healthcare dependent category.
Thanks in advance.