ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP PLEASE - Dependent child visa renewal after main applicant on ILR Status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kevin0808
Newly Registered

HELP PLEASE - Dependent child visa renewal after main applicant on ILR Status

Post by kevin0808 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:18 am

Hi,

Could you please help me with what should I do now?

I am on a settlement (ILR) status after 5 year period. My dependent daughter's current visa expires on June 2023, my wife is on another visa type.

Can you please help me with when I should apply for an extension of my daughter's visa and how should I do it in the gov.uk system?

Thank you so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: HELP PLEASE - Dependent child visa renewal after main applicant on ILR Status

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:19 am

What visa does your spouse hold and when does it expire?

When does your wife qualify for ILR?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kevin0808
Newly Registered

Re: HELP PLEASE - Dependent child visa renewal after main applicant on ILR Status

Post by kevin0808 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:26 am

My wife is on ECAA Businessperson visa, her visa will expire for renewal on August 2023.

She will qualify for ILR in 2024.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:46 am

Your daughter will only get an extension for as long as your wife's visa is valid. If you apply for your daughter in June, her new visa will likely only be valid till August in line with your wife's visa.

This is clearly stated in the PBS dependent rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:01 pm

To add to CR001's advice, the principle to keep in mind is that visas for dependent children is in line with that of the less-privileged parent.

In this case, as your wife is on a limited visa and you are on ILR, your daughter's visa will be in line with your wife's visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:38 am

Unless child was born in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.