ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for PBS dependant visa extension while main applicant is applying for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hxpham-1
Newly Registered
Vietnam

applying for PBS dependant visa extension while main applicant is applying for ILR

Post by hxpham-1 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I am eligible for ILR as of April 2024, and have submitted the application. My dependents, however, are one year short of 5 years, so they will need to extend their PBS dependant visas. I have some questions about creating the visa extension application:

1. The application asks about the length of CoS, and there are 2 options: (a) less than 3 years & (b) more than 3 years. Do I need to obtain the most recent CoS from my employer to see the actual term? or I can just choose (a) less than 3?

2. In the dependant application, where should I link my ILR application UAN to? as a supporting document or somewhere in the application? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see the option to link my ILR application to theirs. Can anyone in the same boat who has submitted the extension application recently please shed some light upon me?

TIA!

P.S: I couldn't log in with my old account "hxpham", so this is an alternate account. No malicious intent to spam the forum from me!

hxpham-1
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: applying for PBS dependant visa extension while main applicant is applying for ILR

Post by hxpham-1 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm

I have another question to add.

3. The application asks for visa start date. Is this the date on the original visa stamp they got to enter UK first time, or the data when they first arrived in UK? Or the issue date on the (current?) BRP? I looked this up and many suggested it's the issue date on the BRP.

Many thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: applying for PBS dependant visa extension while main applicant is applying for ILR

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:44 am

hxpham-1 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:40 pm
I have another question to add.

3. The application asks for visa start date. Is this the date on the original visa stamp they got to enter UK first time, or the data when they first arrived in UK? Or the issue date on the (current?) BRP? I looked this up and many suggested it's the issue date on the BRP.

Many thanks!
It clearly asks for visa start date not entry date.