ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLM REFUSED / STUDENT VISA EXPIRED / OVERSTAYED PLEASE ADV!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cil08
Newly Registered

FLM REFUSED / STUDENT VISA EXPIRED / OVERSTAYED PLEASE ADV!

Post by Cil08 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:20 pm

my husband came to uk in 2006 with student visa which is ment to end september 2009. we applied for COA when he had 3 months left in his visa, however home office did not return till 1 month after the visa expiration we got married and applied for leave to remain which they returned today with REFUSAL.

saying
REFUSED TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN
paragraph 286 with reference to 284(i) of HC 395 (as amended)

"your documents are being forwarded to your regional case ownership unit/ local enforcement office you must now contact them to discuss your departure from UK prior to you making any firm arrangements should you fail to leave enforcemen action will be taken against you. further consideration can be given to your case at that stage which could result to you being served with an enforcement decision which may genaerate the right of appeal."

could anyone advise me please as i have two kids and this is a nightmare and am lost and dont know what to do. one solicitor is advising us to do a new application on compassionate grounds another is saying go home and do it however i have two kids dont have anyone to be with them if we travel and it is not holiday period now so they are in school.

Cil08
Newly Registered

Post by Cil08 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:28 am

please any advice will be much appreciated

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Cil,

I just wanted to post this and assure you that there are people reading your story.

My expertise lies in employment Tier 2 issues rather than compassionate grounds so I'm not sure that I can be much help here but I would strongly recommend taking the advice of a good immigration lawyer and also be ready to face the fact that your children may have to accompany you back to your country of origin in order to apply again.

May I ask on what grounds you applied for ILR?