ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Switching to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srnayak07
Newly Registered

Thanks a lot Manci

Post by srnayak07 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:18 am

manci wrote:1.
The min. pay threshold of £35k or the minimum for the job as per the codes of practice, whichever the higher, is a requirement at the time of the settlement application, not for the full 5 years. See the draft guidance for settlement applications after 6 April 2016 (which is when you will be applying):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
The rules about how to calculate the continuous period of 5 years, allowable absences, etc are here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Hi Manci,
For Point 1 : I have gone through completely the PDF and the UKBA site as well for T2 Gen ILR eligibility pay threshhold , but no where it is exclusively mentioned that £35K (being higher in sal) is required whether continuously for 5 years OR only when you will go and apply for ILR (at that time only).

In example it says :

Example two: if the relevant code of practice states that the minimum appropriate rate for a job is £27,000 p.a. then the documents submitted must show that the sponsor is paying the applicant at least £35,000 p.a. In this example, if the documents only show that the applicant is being paid £27,000 p.a. (or any amount less than £35,000) then the application must be refused. The £35,000 p.a. threshold is the „higher amount‟ which must be met in this instance.

But how long the person needs to get paid 35K is not clear ??

So are you saying : If someone gets £32K for 1,2,3 year and then £36K (say) 4,5 year , then he is very much eligible.

For Point 2:
As per current T2 Visa 'switch' rule , I know I am eligible for T2 ICT to T2 Gen switch (in UK) , but in case i want to change COS (means sponsership) again from one T2 gen to another T2 gen , can I do that or any new rule restrict the one T2 gen to other T2 gen switch now ?

mkojha
inactive

ICT Tier 2 to Tier 2 general

Post by mkojha » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:36 am

Hi, I have a ICT Tier 2 established staff visa valid from July 2010 till next year sponsored by my current employer.

presently I am away from UK and in between got an offer from another employer in UK who is ready to sponsor me under Tier 2 general category.

Is it mandatory for me to be within UK when the sponsorship / switch from ICT Tier 2 to Tier 2 general is happening?

Please can you help?

nspraveen82
Newly Registered

Help needed on tier2 dependant

Post by nspraveen82 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 pm

i am on ILR recently got in october, but my wife is still in tier 2 dependant as ukba said no need to change her to flr(M) as she has got cover unitl April 2014 by whcih she will be completing her 2 years in uk and apply for ilr directly . now i am planning to switch the employer so what will happen to my wife ilr dependant visa should she be converted to flr(M)? please advise

sreekanthi
Newly Registered

Teir2 ICT short term till Oct 2013 is it worth for applying

Post by sreekanthi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 am

wife is on Teir2 ICT short term and valid till Oct 2013
She is expected to come back in March 2013 before that
I am planning to come on Teir2 ICT dependent

And get a job on ICT dependent visa and switch to teir 2 general
Again apply teir 2 general dependent visa to my wife and bring her back to London
Will all this is achievable ? and what would be the possible time frame to covert from ICT dependent to teir 2 general ?
And applying again tier2 general dependent ?

Pls suggest and advice. Running out of time.