ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal at border and Youth Mobility Scheme help

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DannyUK
Newly Registered

Refusal at border and Youth Mobility Scheme help

Post by DannyUK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello

My partner recently tried to get in to the UK and was stopped at Gatwick Airport, and then sent back on the next flight home to Canada. She did not have a return flight booked or any onward travel as she had planned to book that while she was here, and she was staying with me so no hotel booked either. She only planned to stay for a few days before doing some solo travelling in Europe, but we did no research so didn't know this would be an issue. We have it confirmed that she is not banned from the UK, they just were not satisfied that she would leave when she said she was going to

We have since booked a trip to Amsterdam, myself flying from the UK and she will be meeting me in the airport after a flight from Canada. This is 2 months after her unsuccessful attempt to get into the UK. This time we have a hotel booked and onward travel. We are there for a couple nights and then have a coach booked from Amsterdam to London. She is planning to stay with me for a week and she has a flight booked from the UK back to Canada.

This time she will also have proof of her university enrolment in Canada, documents showing that her lease on her new apartment starts within a few weeks of her returning back to Canada, and a cruise holiday with her Grandma that departs from Canada a week after she gets back too.

She will have lots of documents showing that she plans to leave, however I'm worried that it may be too soon after her refusal last time in the UK.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate some help/experience on this.
- Will she have any issues getting into Amsterdam?
- Will she have any issues getting into the UK?
- Is there anything further we can do to help with this?

Also she is going to apply for the Tier 5 YMS Visa on her return to Canada, in the hope that after the 6 month mandatary wait she can move to live here with me.
- Are there any issues of this being accepted?
- Should we use this as evidence that we are sticking to the rules and plan to respect the terms of her visit?

Any help on this would be really appreciated!!

Casa

Re: Refusal at border and Youth Mobility Scheme help

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Following the previous refusal of entry it would be wise to apply for a UK visitor before travelling.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

DannyUK
Newly Registered

Post by DannyUK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:39 pm
Following the previous refusal of entry it would be wise to apply for a UK visitor before travelling.
Thanks for the response. The visa however takes 6 months, we have our travel booked within the next month

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm not sure where you are getting your '6 months' from...the official statistics show that 99% of visitor visa applications submitted in the USA are decided in 15 days. :idea:

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... hs-or-less
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

DannyUK
Newly Registered

Post by DannyUK » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 pm

DannyUK wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 pm
Casa wrote:
Thanks for the response. The visa however takes 6 months, we have our travel booked within the next month
... or are we able to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa even though Canadians don’t typically require that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm

A visitor visa does not take 6 months to process. Where did you read that?

Yes, usually Canadians do not require a pre-applied for visitor visa. However, as she was refused entry to the UK, she likely has a black cross in her passport. Even returning the the UK by coach, you have to go through immigration and passport control and they will check her passport and if they see the very recent entry refusal, she might well be refused again without a valid pre applied for visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zcfaxzl
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by zcfaxzl » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:52 am

DannyUK wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:33 pm
DannyUK wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 pm
Casa wrote:

... or are we able to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa even though Canadians don’t typically require that?
Hi DannyUK, sorry to hear how your partner's immigration/visa nightmare had gone down. I am pretty much in the same sinking boat. I didn't get refused entry but did get a whole lot of questioning and a special "code 3 stamp" (which means they've detained my information and landing card and watching my moves closely, and more questioning by the IO's the next time I enter). I am planning to apply for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme as well and am worried this previous incident might affect it. I would really really appreciate it if you could let me know if your partner's application went successfully? Thanks a bunch!!