ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 5 (YMS) Visa outside of home country

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mabirchall
Newly Registered
Canada

Applying for Tier 5 (YMS) Visa outside of home country

Post by mabirchall » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 am

I just was wondering if anyone here applied for their YMS Visa outside of their home country? If you did apply for your YMS Visa in a different country, could you post your timeline and the country that you applied from?

I just recently sent off my application at VFS Global in Bangkok, Thailand and am concerned about getting it back in time to leave.

Thank you :)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Tier 5 (YMS) Visa outside of home country

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:31 pm

The fact that you are applying outside your own country doesn't have any bearing on the visa processing time.
You will get a better idea of processing times in Bangkok by checking other peoples' experiences in Bangkok applying for work and study visas. Other people's experiences in other countries are not really relevant.

I assume you are living in Thailand, and hence eligible to apply for the Tier 5 YMS visa there.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.