ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview by UKVI - Tier 5 (Call Dropped)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunshineplymouth
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Tier 5: Charity Work Visa

Post by sunshineplymouth » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:44 pm

Hi,

I will get my certificate of sponsorship in few days.

I was wondering if it is possible to change visa status from Tier 5 (Temporary) visa to Tier 2 skilled visa under the same category and same job industry. If i manage to get a Tier 2 sponsor who is on the list of home office.

Also, Can i apply for a driving license even if i can drive for up to 12 months on my home country licenses?

What are the documents required to exchange UAE driving license with Uk while i am in the country.

Best,
SB

meself2
Ireland

Re: Tier 5: Charity Work Visa

Post by meself2 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 pm

sunshineplymouth wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:44 pm
Also, Can i apply for a driving license even if i can drive for up to 12 months on my home country licenses?

What are the documents required to exchange UAE driving license with Uk while i am in the country.
yes, if you're a resident:
https://www.gov.uk/exchange-foreign-dri ... b-emirates
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sunshineplymouth
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Re: Tier 5: Charity Work Visa

Post by sunshineplymouth » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:39 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 pm
sunshineplymouth wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:44 pm

yes, if you're a resident:
https://www.gov.uk/exchange-foreign-dri ... b-emirates
Does living on a charity worker visa for more than 6 months make me a resident?

sunshineplymouth
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Tier 5: Uk Online Application Concern

Post by sunshineplymouth » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:07 pm

Hi,

I am filling my application form for the Tier 5 work visa.(Charity).

During the filling of the application. At one point in travel history it asks: Have you every traveled to a country other than the following: See below.

Well I did travel to Turkey and UAE.

My Turkey visa was for 12 days only but i stayed there for 2 months. (When i reached turkey) i extended my visa.
Reason: I wanted to explore more as i loved the country.

My UAE visa was for 3 months, I stayed there for 5 months and few days when i reached UAE i extended my visa.
Reason: My parents, mom, dad, siblings live in Dubai, UAE. I visited them for 3 months initially but i extended because my mom wanted me to do so to spend more time with my family.

My concern is that is that going to impact negatively on my visa application?

Please guide me accordingly so i can proceed further. I am just worried. Because passport will go for visa stamping and officer is going to see in and out stamps anyways. So i don't wanna lie.

Thanks,
RJ

sunshineplymouth
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Visa Application: VAF - Additional Documents

Post by sunshineplymouth » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:38 pm

Hi,

I have applied for Tier 5 - Short Term Work Visa. I am sponsored by A-grade Uk company.

I have completed all the relevant and main documentation as per the home office website requirement.

Out of the way, they asked me for the relevant documents. I am not sure why they asked. When it is not a requirement. I am just going as a Volunteer.

Anyways, I have summited the documents. How long is it going to take for embassy to reply?

First time when i replied them on 9th of December i forgot to add VAF in the subject line. On 13 December, I added VAF & GWF in the subject line and sent again. But i stated clearly that i forgot to add VAF in previous email.

Can anybody answer? Please.

Thanks,
RJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Application: VAF - Additional Documents

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:54 pm

It isn't clear what supporting documents you submitted and what has been asked for???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunshineplymouth
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by sunshineplymouth » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:54 pm
It isn't clear what supporting documents you submitted and what has been asked for???
So basically, it is a volunteering role that is stated on my Certificate of sponsorship.

Job Title: Volunteer (Adult with Learning Disabilities)

Home office requested me for relevant prior experience/education.

I come from a different background where i have never worked in a care industry. I contacted my sponsor and asked them if they can help me with this. They clearly sent me an email where they stated that you are not going to come to the UK as a care worker. You are just a support volunteer and you do not require any prior experience or education.

Well later i thought instead of sending nothing at all. I attached the following and send them.

1) Sponsor reply email
2) 3 to 4 certificates from (https://florence.co.uk/)
3) A special letter from https://florence.co.uk/ stating that Mr. XYZ has completed the certificates and they confirm this. Certificates contains many subjects that are similar to my COS job description.

I also confirmed and tried to convince the officer that i signed up https://florence.co.uk/ in september but i didn't complete the certificates as it was not required and i thought i will once i get some spare time.

Because i completed the certificates after the home office has requested them. So i made a little justification. Why now and not earlier. Florence is a registered company in the Uk who issue certificates in care industry.

I am kinda worried now.

sunshineplymouth
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by sunshineplymouth » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Any update on this, please.

sunshineplymouth
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Interview by UKVI - Tier 5 (Call Dropped)

Post by sunshineplymouth » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:10 am

I had an interview yesterday, at the initial stage of an interview. The call got disconnected after few mins. Internet was even not working. After drop I got an email immediately for a teams link. But my internet connection was not stable as there was major breakdown of the main electricity grid. Check the articles below: I explained the situation after the call drop to the UKVI by sending out a paid email.

DW:
https://www.dw.com/en/power-outage-plun ... a-64484771

BBC:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64369144

What will happen now? What would be the next step? How can I reschedule an interview?

Mo3taz32
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Interview by UKVI - Tier 5 (Call Dropped)

Post by Mo3taz32 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:53 pm

Any update about this ?
Did u get your visa ?

Mo3taz32
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Mo3taz32 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:21 am

sunshineplymouth wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:10 am
I had an interview yesterday, at the initial stage of an interview. The call got disconnected after few mins. Internet was even not working. After drop I got an email immediately for a teams link. But my internet connection was not stable as there was major breakdown of the main electricity grid. Check the articles below: I explained the situation after the call drop to the UKVI by sending out a paid email.

DW:
https://www.dw.com/en/power-outage-plun ... a-64484771

BBC:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-64369144

What will happen now? What would be the next step? How can I reschedule an interview?
Please update us what happened next did you get your visa ?

Greatestlove
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Greatestlove » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:15 am

please i will appreciate if you can give me more information about the volunteering visa i am interested in coming to the UK as a volunteer. How you are able to get sponsor and the process. Please furnish me with necessary information. Many thanks