ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas accreditation - Post study visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eiredreamer
Newly Registered

Overseas accreditation - Post study visa

Post by eiredreamer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Hello,
I have recently finished an MBA in Dublin with accreditation by the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. My question is whether I would be entitled to apply for a Post-Study visa in the UK. I had excellent marks and passed with distinction, not sure if it's really relevant. Point is, would that be possible? thank you vey much.
(I think I posted it before but in the wrong forum, sorry)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Overseas accreditation - Post study visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:40 pm

What do you mean by 'post study visa'? There is no such visa category in the UK.

Are you looking for a work visa or to continue studying?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eiredreamer
Newly Registered

Post by eiredreamer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the idea is that I work for a company with offices in the UK as well, however they don't sponsor visa. That said, in Ireland, when you study here, regardless whether the course is accredited by an Irish university or not, you are granted a post-study visa to remain. My question was whether the UK has the same scheme for a master's degree and if so, would I be eligible for it? Even though I never lived in the UK. That would give sometime to work under this scheme. However, by what you said it seems that this scheme doesn't exist in UK, is that correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:08 am

The UK abolished the Post Study Work visa a number of years ago. There is no longer such a visa category.

If you want to work, you will need to find an HO approved Tier 2 General sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)