ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 General processing times after Administrative Review

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lella111
Newly Registered

Tier 4 General processing times after Administrative Review

Post by lella111 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Does anybody know how long does it take to receive visa after successful administrative review?
I have received the decision on 10th April, and information to pay the health surcharge on 25th April, on 26th April the passport was submitted to the visa centre (out of country) where I have first applied and still waiting.
The problem is that the latest I can join the university is 18th May, I am running out of time.
I have emailed UKVI Sheffield with no response.
Any reassuring replies would be helpful?!
Thank you

lella111
Newly Registered

Tier 4 issued after the enrollment deadline

Post by lella111 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Dear all,
I have a question regarding delays in receiving Tier 4 visas for out of country applications.
My relative has received Tier 4 visa, but due to some delays with application (administrative review), the university won't allow him to join now, as it is passed the enrollment deadline, and he can only start in the next intake.
The university has advised that they will provide UKVI with the new dates.
I would like to know whether UKVI will amend the end date of the visa or whether he will need to apply for an extension afterwards? I have checked with the University but they are unsure at this stage.
The current visa expiry date coincides exactly with the course end date, without the 4 additional months normally granted after the end of the course!
Many thanks for your help.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 issued after the enrollment deadline

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:45 pm

lella111 wrote:I would like to know whether UKVI will amend the end date of the visa or whether he will need to apply for an extension afterwards? I have checked with the University but they are unsure at this stage.
That's strange that the university is unsure. They will need to report his non-enrolment on this course, and the visa will be cancelled. The university will then issue a new CAS in respect of the new course dates, and he will need to apply again.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

lella111
Newly Registered

Post by lella111 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Dear Sah,
Thank you for your reply.
The university are advising that there is an intake starting within the next 28 days, that he can join, and that they will report the new dates to UKVI, but as you have said, it looks like it will affect the issued visa.
The university keeps saying that they will report the new dates to UKVI, but unable to advise on the process with UKVI afterwards.
UKVI informed by email that the visa was issued on 18/05, knowing that the last enrollment date is 19/05 and that the passport won't be received on time for travelling and enrollment!
Many thanks,

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:26 pm

lella111 wrote:The university keeps saying that they will report the new dates to UKVI, but unable to advise on the process with UKVI afterwards.
That might be okay to start the course using the existing visa, but if he wants the full length of leave in respect of the new end date, including the +4 months, he will need to apply again with a new CAS. In theory he could do that part-way through the course, but whenever he does it he can only apply in his home country, not in the UK, because the CAS could not confirm academic progress.

I would be advising him to ask for a new CAS so he can apply now before he travels to the UK for the full amount of leave he needs, including the +4 months.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

lella111
Newly Registered

Post by lella111 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:53 pm

So now the university has reported the new dates to UKVI, does this mean that the current visa will be automatically cancelled? As obviously they are reporting his non enrollment?!
I am just asking as the university are unable to advise at this stage, and if he is to apply to a new CAS and visa, it is better to start the process now.
And also if the issued visa is not cancelled, and he is to apply again, would it conflict with his new application?
I hope my questions are clear and apologies for trying to interpret many scenarios.
Thank you

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Ask what category your University has reported to the UKVI. A new CAS can only be issued up to 3 months before the start date of the course - so that is fine.

@sah, if they've reported as deferred your advice can work, but if they've reported as a Non Arrival (which they should) but made it clear that a new CAS will be issued then it's time for a new application.

It's all down to what exactly your University has reported to the UKVI and in what category (and if they are looking to issue a 2nd CAS.)

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 4 General processing times after Administrative Rev

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:12 pm

can you tell why your visa was refused and what you did to overturn that decision.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:can you tell why your visa was refused and what you did to overturn that decision.

thanks
See OPs full thread which has been merged now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lella111
Newly Registered

Post by lella111 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Thank you Keysersoze.
To Waqas, the initial application was refused as the ECO did not see the name in the bank statement, and thought the street name (named after a famous person) was the guardian and that no documents were submitted to prove the relationship! However, the whole process of administrative review and visa took around 2 months and a half.

rk89
India

Re: Tier 4 General processing times after Administrative Review

Post by rk89 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi,

What was the outcome of this case. Did University isuue new CAS? My course start date was Oct2. Visa was refused and overturned decision after PAP letter to Home Office. HO asking me to resubmit all previous documents once more with fresh acceptance letter before 15th Nov. University's next intake is only in March that means they cannot issue CAS before December.

Anyone please advise.

Thanks

Ridzfor
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ridzfor » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:48 pm

lella111 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 9:09 pm
Thank you Keysersoze.
To Waqas, the initial application was refused as the ECO did not see the name in the bank statement, and thought the street name (named after a famous person) was the guardian and that no documents were submitted to prove the relationship! However, the whole process of administrative review and visa took around 2 months and a half.
I also wanted to know what they did to your visa. After admin review overturned submitted pssport but enrolment is passed and still waiting for pp. Will they defer visa to jan intake or will have to apply again from scratch. What they did in ur case lella?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:59 pm

rk89 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:41 pm
My course start date was Oct2. Visa was refused and overturned decision after PAP letter to Home Office. HO asking me to resubmit all previous documents once more with fresh acceptance letter before 15th Nov. University's next intake is only in March that means they cannot issue CAS before December.

Anyone please advise.

Thanks
Not sure what you need advice about exactly, because it sounds like your Tier 4 sponsor has already advised you. If they have agreed to issue a new CAS in December for March intake, you will need to make a new application with that CAS.

rk89
India

Post by rk89 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:49 am

Hi,

HO asked me to submit passport and fresh acceptance letter. I thought it is CAS. Today i have received email from HO saying it is not letter. It is letter from University saying they can accept me to next intake. (Defer letter)

I would like to know what happened after submitting defer letter. Did he manage to get visa?

Kind regards
Rk

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 am

rk89 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:49 am
Hi,

HO asked me to submit passport and fresh acceptance letter. I thought it is CAS. Today i have received email from HO saying it is not letter. It is letter from University saying they can accept me to next intake. (Defer letter)

I would like to know what happened after submitting defer letter. Did he manage to get visa?

Kind regards
Rk
After defer letter provided with the new dates eco will complete your application with new dates of visa and you will be asked to submit passport. After providing letter of defer with new dates they will email you in 2-3 days.

rk89
India

Post by rk89 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Thank you :)

rk89
India

Post by rk89 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 am
rk89 wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Rk
After defer letter provided with the new dates eco will complete your application with new dates of visa and you will be asked to submit passport. After providing letter of defer with new dates they will email you in 2-3 days.
Thank you :)

rk89
India

Post by rk89 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
rk89 wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Rk
Hi,

Just the follow up to the enquiry. I was asked to submit all my documents including defer letter and passport. And I did that on the 12th of this month. I haven't heard back from them. I am getting little bit worried. Could you please tell me how long it took for you to get documents back?

Waqasrafiq2
- thin ice -

Post by Waqasrafiq2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 am

rk89 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 am
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
rk89 wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Rk
Hi,

Just the follow up to the enquiry. I was asked to submit all my documents including defer letter and passport. And I did that on the 12th of this month. I haven't heard back from them. I am getting little bit worried. Could you please tell me how long it took for you to get documents back?
It will take 2-3 weeks. Be in contact with your University until you get your passport back but for Jan you got time and you will get passport back by 1st week December.

rk89
India

Post by rk89 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 am

Thank you. :)

rk89
India

Post by rk89 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am

Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 am
rk89 wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
rk89 wrote:
Hi,

Kind regards
Rk
Hi,

It will take 2-3 weeks. Be in contact with your University until you get your passport back but for Jan you got time and you will get passport back by 1st week December.
Hi

I resubmitted documents and passport on 12th of November. I had a skype interview on 29th of November. Its been more than 3 weeks, I haven't heard back from them. I am more worried. Is there any chance they will refuse again?

Kind regards
Rk.

rk89
India

Post by rk89 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:16 pm

rk89 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 am
rk89 wrote:
Waqasrafiq2 wrote:

Hi,

Hi

I resubmitted documents and passport on 12th of November. I had a skype interview on 29th of November. Its been more than 3 weeks, I haven't heard back from them. I am more worried. Is there any chance they will refuse again?

Kind regards
Rk.

Any advice???

Thanks

alirehmat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by alirehmat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:14 pm

when u got email to submit ur passport after successful admin review
which others documents they asked you to submit along with passport?
i mean did u submit the bank statement as well?