ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa application delay experiences

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sushant69
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK visa application delay experiences

Post by Sushant69 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 pm

I came after a long time as I was just waiting since 17th July for my Visa. It just got my Visa and it has been a horror. I missed a lot and hopefully it is a minor blip in the long run. So I just want to mention my timelines for anyone's who is still left from July.

Biometric : 17 July vfs mumbai
ECO : 27th July
Cas used : 31 August
Apology mail : 14 Sept
Not straightforward mail : 14 sept
Submit birth certificate : 14 sept
Received document mail : 18 sept
Processed visa mail : 20th sept
Passport received : 21st Sept
Visa date : 20th sept.

Hope this help however I do not think anybody would have been left from July.

Thank you to all of you who helped me to get through this ordeal. Hope it makes me better.

steveuk
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by steveuk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

After reading the previous 10 pages or so, I have noticed that most people have done the regular application process and waited for a decision and response with the biometric card.

I made my application on Sept 6th and was approved on the same day with interview, biometrics and the lot.
They even gave me back my passport. This was only because I paid them £1200 for super priority. The case worker said that I should be receiving my Tier 2 General Visa "card" within the next 10 days. If it doesn't come soon, then I don't know why I paid so much for this supposed priority service. FYI, I did mine at the London (Victoria) branch.

I called them today and all they told me was to email BRCDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (Use this email ONLY if you know you have been approved). I sent an email about 2 hrs ago (no response yet) and hopefully, they can speed this up a bit.

Any priority people have a similar experience. I think I saw one other person on here that did it that way.

Steve

omair9000
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by omair9000 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Sushant69 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 pm
I came after a long time as I was just waiting since 17th July for my Visa. It just got my Visa and it has been a horror. I missed a lot and hopefully it is a minor blip in the long run. So I just want to mention my timelines for anyone's who is still left from July.

Thank you to all of you who helped me to get through this ordeal. Hope it makes me better.
I am. Biometrics on 25 july and ECO email on 31 july. After that, nothing. Called to escalate twice, still nothing. I’m really upset.

Rondoali
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rondoali » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Zed178 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am
Rondoali wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 am
Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Beginning of September? :O what happened after that?

So I should be expecting a decision within 2 3 working days? Hopefully it'll be straightforward. All my documents are genuine and perfect i think. I was thinking of calling them again on Friday but I dont know whether its worth calling. It hurts to pay so much for a single call even after paying for priority visa. What's you advice? How should I proceed from here?
We don't know what makes an application not straightforward. I thought mine was :)
I paid for priority but they told me it's not straightforward after 17 working days :)
Anyway, hopefully you will hear something by the end of this week. If you don't maybe give them a call or have your school email them.
Everyone's case is different so don't get discouraged by my scenario!
Damn I hope mine is straightforward. Im supposed to be travelling today :(
Which city did you apply from?
Your case is really disheartening. 17 days after paying for priority? That is shocking! Do you have any idea about your current status?
I applied from Istanbul, Turkey.
I just got an email from the VAC that a decision has been made :) super excited!
Trust me and have your school email or call them it is the best way!
Don't loose hope!
Hey that's great news man! Hopefully you'll get it soon :)
Its 7th working day for me today. When i called UKVI yesterday they told 7-15 days it'll take and that my app is awaiting decision. So idk know whether to ask my uni to contact them as yet. Should I wait for a couple more days? Idk what to do next im already getting frustrated.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Razbi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 am
Chischis12 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 am
Razbi wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am
Sam1990 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:21 am

My decision was made on 15th september..still haven't got passport collection email from vfs..received sms from VFS saying that document was dispatched from BHC and is in transit on tuesday..
oh alright...you will get it soon..i hoping to get mine by monday...but i will call ukvi for my dependent's escalation..I cant leave my daughter behind:(
Yeah typo i mean 19. How to get pp by monday? I havnt had collection email. When is your course date and latest enrollment?
most of the fellows get their pp within 4 days after decision is made...thats an assumption may b i get it later...my course has already started on 18 and last date is 6 oct
Congratulations Razbi..good to know that you received your dependent visa too..Got it so quick..I m still waiting for collection :roll:

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Sushant69 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Congratulations Sushant69..Did you receive decision made email from Shefo?

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Rondoali wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:57 pm
Zed178 wrote:
Rondoali wrote:
Zed178 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:02 pm

We don't know what makes an application not straightforward. I thought mine was :)
I paid for priority but they told me it's not straightforward after 17 working days :)
Anyway, hopefully you will hear something by the end of this week. If you don't maybe give them a call or have your school email them.
Everyone's case is different so don't get discouraged by my scenario!
Your case is really disheartening. 17 days after paying for priority? That is shocking! Do you have any idea about your current status?
I just got an email from the VAC that a decision has been made :) super excited!
Don't loose hope!
Its 7th working day for me today. When i called UKVI yesterday they told 7-15 days it'll take and that my app is awaiting decision. So idk know whether to ask my uni to contact them as yet. Should I wait for a couple more days? Idk what to do next im already getting frustrated.
I think you should push them to email UKVI. Hopefully there would be a response after that!

mk21
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mk21 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 pm

tariff214 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:19 am
mk21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 pm
tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm
mk21 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:43 am

Hi,

This happened to me too. Here's my timeline:

3 August: Submitted my application
7 August: Went for my biometrics appointment
21 August: Got an email from the UKVI that my application is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer
24 August: Got an email that I should re-scan two documents and send them through email
28 August: Got a call from VFS Global that I should come in the next day to re-scan all my documents again

I haven't heard anything about my application so far and my course starts in a couple of days. It has been 31 days now (7 weeks). I called the UKVI so many times (and wasted so much money) and my university called the UKVI as well and nothing happened. I applied for a standard (non-priority) because I actually believed their time estimations that a standard application takes 15-20 days.

I also don't understand why they asked me to re-scan all the documents I have already scanned during my biometrics appointment a month ago? And why did it take them that long to ask me to re-scan them?
Sorry to hear about your delay.. I also applied for standard non-priority service. I really wish I had applied for priority.

I have an update from today. I received an email from a different email ID (VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) asking for my documents again (fourth time, people!), as they did not find the email in their other inbox from the first time around (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). They have no documents linked to my application, and my visa status according to call center is still 'awaiting a decision'. I sent them a strongly worded email, and attached my documents again. This time I made sure to organize the documents in a better format. Perhaps that'll help with their incompetence. I have sent multiple requests that they confirm that they have received the documents, as that will give me some information on when they are actually prepared to make a decision on the application.

What university are you applying to? Mine have been fairly helpful, albeit a little slow at times.

I think the midweek productivity is hitting the UK today, as I received multiple emails from both my university and the Home Office after days of silence! Classic -you get what you want when you're not looking- scenario. Maybe you'll have better luck in the coming days too.

Thank you, I really hope we both hear good news soon!

That's the email they asked me to send the scanned documents to as well (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). I didn't receive any confirmation that they have received the documents so I called and then I was told that they do not respond to the email confirming that they received the scanned documents. I applied to Goldsmiths University, which university did you apply to? I'm not sure if I should call the university again to see if they can get in touch with the Home Office once more to rush them, or to just wait...

When you called to escalate the application, did they send you an email explaining what is happening with the application or update you? They told me after the escalation that I should receive an email with update on the progress of my application but nothing so far
So when I escalated, I basically only complained that way more than 15 days had passed and nothing was happening. They logged the complaint. When the Home Office emailed next, it was with indirect reference to the inquiries I had made over the phone. But I didn't get a separate email about escalation in particular, or the progress of my case, from UKVI or the call center. They do say they'll send an email, but I haven't gotten any direct ones. Overall escalation doesn't always result in beneficial outcomes.

One way I got to chase the documents being sent- which makes me very nervous as you are sending them a. yourself b. over email and c. to an address that doesn't reply/confirm- was by explaining to an immigration adviser at uni (SOAS, btw) that UKVI keeps losing my documents. They have colleagues at UKVI and it helps for the uni to be in the loop as they stay on top of your case, and discuss it with relevant people. But mostly you're at the mercy of the Home Office to contact you, even if the uni, home office and call center all have communicated with each other on your case.

I'm basically back to square one now. Sent my documents, got a confirmation that they were received and linked to my app. Was told that they were "prioritising applications and that a decision will be made on my application as soon as possible". fml.
It is very nerve wracking to be left in the dark especially given that we have such a tight timeframe. I contacted the university today and they said they have received an update just this past Tuesday about my application which was that it's still being processed (which in my opinion is not really an update). About the escalation, I too never really got any email from them about it. I had doubts from the beginning about the whole escalation that it was a mechanism to perhaps make applicants just wait but deep down I'm wishing it can have an impact.

On the bright side, given how little we know about the system for processing the applications, who knows perhaps we will hear from them soon, even if you had submitted the missing documents recently. I certainly hope we do hear some good news either tomorrow or beginning of next week. I'll keep you posted about any updates!

tariff214
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tariff214 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 am

mk21 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:46 pm
tariff214 wrote:
mk21 wrote:
tariff214 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Sorry to hear about your delay.. I also applied for standard non-priority service. I really wish I had applied for priority.

I have an update from today. I received an email from a different email ID (VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk) asking for my documents again (fourth time, people!), as they did not find the email in their other inbox from the first time around (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). They have no documents linked to my application, and my visa status according to call center is still 'awaiting a decision'. I sent them a strongly worded email, and attached my documents again. This time I made sure to organize the documents in a better format. Perhaps that'll help with their incompetence. I have sent multiple requests that they confirm that they have received the documents, as that will give me some information on when they are actually prepared to make a decision on the application.

What university are you applying to? Mine have been fairly helpful, albeit a little slow at times.

I think the midweek productivity is hitting the UK today, as I received multiple emails from both my university and the Home Office after days of silence! Classic -you get what you want when you're not looking- scenario. Maybe you'll have better luck in the coming days too.

That's the email they asked me to send the scanned documents to as well (SheffieldDocsRequested.RestofWorld@fco.gsi.gov.uk). I didn't receive any confirmation that they have received the documents so I called and then I was told that they do not respond to the email confirming that they received the scanned documents. I applied to Goldsmiths University, which university did you apply to? I'm not sure if I should call the university again to see if they can get in touch with the Home Office once more to rush them, or to just wait...

When you called to escalate the application, did they send you an email explaining what is happening with the application or update you? They told me after the escalation that I should receive an email with update on the progress of my application but nothing so far
So when I escalated, I basically only complained that way more than 15 days had passed and nothing was happening. They logged the complaint. When the Home Office emailed next, it was with indirect reference to the inquiries I had made over the phone. But I didn't get a separate email about escalation in particular, or the progress of my case, from UKVI or the call center. They do say they'll send an email, but I haven't gotten any direct ones. Overall escalation doesn't always result in beneficial outcomes.

One way I got to chase the documents being sent- which makes me very nervous as you are sending them a. yourself b. over email and c. to an address that doesn't reply/confirm- was by explaining to an immigration adviser at uni (SOAS, btw) that UKVI keeps losing my documents. They have colleagues at UKVI and it helps for the uni to be in the loop as they stay on top of your case, and discuss it with relevant people. But mostly you're at the mercy of the Home Office to contact you, even if the uni, home office and call center all have communicated with each other on your case.

I'm basically back to square one now. Sent my documents, got a confirmation that they were received and linked to my app. Was told that they were "prioritising applications and that a decision will be made on my application as soon as possible". fml.
It is very nerve wracking to be left in the dark especially given that we have such a tight timeframe. I contacted the university today and they said they have received an update just this past Tuesday about my application which was that it's still being processed (which in my opinion is not really an update). About the escalation, I too never really got any email from them about it. I had doubts from the beginning about the whole escalation that it was a mechanism to perhaps make applicants just wait but deep down I'm wishing it can have an impact.

On the bright side, given how little we know about the system for processing the applications, who knows perhaps we will hear from them soon, even if you had submitted the missing documents recently. I certainly hope we do hear some good news either tomorrow or beginning of next week. I'll keep you posted about any updates!
They made a decision! Got the email yesterday. Fingers crossed. Hope you get yours too.

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 am

tariff214 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 am
mk21 wrote:
tariff214 wrote:
mk21 wrote:

They made a decision! Got the email yesterday. Fingers crossed. Hope you get yours too.
Congrats tariff214..can you please share what email you received

Didisniles123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Didisniles123 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 am

Hello please what number can I use in contacting the Uk Vi .
My timeline -
online application 18 August
Biometrics n interview 23 August
Email from them that it has been received 24 aug
And I paid for priority service from Nigeria.

Didisniles123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Didisniles123 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:02 am

Mugatiya26 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 am
Called UKVI one last time and told them what I really thought of their visa process. The agent said she will re-escalate it and notify UKVI that it's urgent. However, Im sure I only ended up wasting more money.
Please what number did you use in contacting them. ?

Himesh81
Newly Registered
India

Post by Himesh81 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:55 am

Didisniles123 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:02 am
Mugatiya26 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 am
Called UKVI one last time and told them what I really thought of their visa process. The agent said she will re-escalate it and notify UKVI that it's urgent. However, Im sure I only ended up wasting more money.
Please what number did you use in contacting them. ?
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

tariff214
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tariff214 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Sam1990 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 am
tariff214 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 am
mk21 wrote:
tariff214 wrote:

Congrats tariff214..can you please share what email you received
Sure, it was:
Regarding Visa Application: GWFxx
For xx xx

Thank you for your enquiry.

A decision has already been made on your application. This decision will be despatched to the UKVI office where your passport is securely stored and they will send your passport, along with the decision, to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application. The VAC will contact you as soon as your documents are ready for collection.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

Kind Regards,
REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

Does anyone know how long it takes the passport to be delivered to the VAC? Got my decision on Sept 21 (Thursday). Weekend coming up, so when should I expect the call to collect? Applied from Lahore, Pakistan.

Rondoali
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rondoali » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Zed178 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:24 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Zed178 wrote:
Rondoali wrote:

Don't loose hope!
I think you should push them to email UKVI. Hopefully there would be a response after that!
I just received this email from NEDELVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk.
Can you or anyone explain wth does this mean? The UKVI website itself calculated the IHS amount (225£) which i paid promptly. Now they are asking to pay more. Is this a mistake? Has anyone received this kimd of mail?

Date: 22/09/2017

GWF number: GWFXXXXXXX

Health Surcharge Payment - Top up payment needed

Dear Customer,

Please be informed that you need to pay healthcare payment of £375.

What you need to do next

You will have received an automated e-mail from the Immigration Health Surcharge portal containing a link that will allow you to pay the required top up amount. This payment must be made by 03/10/2017 (7 WORKING DAYS).

The Topup Access Link is: https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... 8A9B80FCDC

Once you have made this payment please send an e-mail to NewDelhiIHS@fco.gov.uk containing your name, IHS reference and the amount that you have paid.

If your payment hasn’t reached us by 03/10/2017 your application may be rejected or refused. You’ll have to apply for your visa again.

Thank you.

UKVI Customer Care Team

princeyumair
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by princeyumair » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm

@Sam I got visa and inshallah you will be fine too.

holu
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by holu » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I received a 2nd non-straightforward email from Sheffo this morning. I received the first one 37 days ago, that is 16 August 2017.

Is there anyone else that have same experience.

I applied and had my biometrics at Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria on 28th July 2017.

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Rondoali wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:31 pm
Zed178 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:24 pm
Rondoali wrote:
Zed178 wrote:

Don't loose hope!
I just received this email from NEDELVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk.
Can you or anyone explain wth does this mean? The UKVI website itself calculated the IHS amount (225£) which i paid promptly. Now they are asking to pay more. Is this a mistake? Has anyone received this kimd of mail?

Date: 22/09/2017

GWF number: GWFXXXXXXX

Health Surcharge Payment - Top up payment needed

Dear Customer,

Please be informed that you need to pay healthcare payment of £375.

What you need to do next

You will have received an automated e-mail from the Immigration Health Surcharge portal containing a link that will allow you to pay the required top up amount. This payment must be made by 03/10/2017 (7 WORKING DAYS).

The Topup Access Link is: https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... 8A9B80FCDC

Once you have made this payment please send an e-mail to NewDelhiIHS@fco.gov.uk containing your name, IHS reference and the amount that you have paid.

If your payment hasn’t reached us by 03/10/2017 your application may be rejected or refused. You’ll have to apply for your visa again.

Thank you.

UKVI Customer Care Team
OH! Sorry I have no idea what this means! Very interesting. You should definitely contact your school's immigration office about this. Hope they can help you out!

Sam1990
Nepal

Post by Sam1990 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:23 pm

princeyumair wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm
@Sam I got visa and inshallah you will be fine too.
Congratulations princeyumair

Zed178
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Zed178 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm

My visa got refused on the basis of "not a genuine student".
I hope you all hear better news than mine :) good luck!

danielloso19
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by danielloso19 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:34 pm

holu wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm
Hello everyone,

I received a 2nd non-straightforward email from Sheffo this morning. I received the first one 37 days ago, that is 16 August 2017.

just keep calling and emailing ukvi and get your university involved to help you contact them, because your uni would have probably started and you dont want to miss much

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 am

danielloso19 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:34 pm
holu wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm
Hello everyone,

just keep calling and emailing ukvi and get your university involved to help you contact them, because your uni would have probably started and you dont want to miss much
Hey danniel whats your latest visa update?

frodo25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by frodo25 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:33 am

Zed178 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm
My visa got refused on the basis of "not a genuine student".
I hope you all hear better news than mine :) good luck!
could you share the wording of the refusal letter?

sewanlewan
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by sewanlewan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 am

Finally got my visa today! Didn't receive any emails from UKVI or the VAC, it was just delivered straight to my house. Got the visa together with the document presented in immigration. If anyone needs a Skype account to call UKVI, I have one with credit left in it since I added money only to call them :)

Chischis12
Indonesia

Post by Chischis12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 am

sewanlewan wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 am
Finally got my visa today! Didn't receive any emails from UKVI or the VAC, it was just delivered straight to my house. Got the visa together with the document presented in immigration. If anyone needs a Skype account to call UKVI, I have one with credit left in it since I added money only to call them :)
I need that pls :( pls ahare ur timeline as well...i got asked to rescan my docs a couple of days ago. Pls tell me when is your latest enrollment? thx