ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Razbi

Re: Tier 4 Visa Delay Pakistan

Post by Razbi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 am

khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 am
Razbi wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 am
How do you call ukvi?
Just by charging phone card or they take credit cardno?
Make a direct call at UKVI office using these phone number details: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... uk/english

Before calling, get your active credit/debit card as well as your visa application details ready like: GWF Number, date of application etc.

Once you call, an automated teller will as for entering credit/debit card details. As soon as your card s verified, the call will be forwarded to the call center agent. Please note that your call might be put in a queue before an agent picks up.

Thankyou khozam

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello folks

I've been reading this thread for quite while now.
Timeline
1st Aug / biometric & interview at Lahore
8th Aug / ECO email
18th Aug / processing is delay email
28th Aug / call from UKVC for rescanning documents
29th Aug / Rescanning done
6th Sep / Call UKVI to escalate my Case

Yesterday I email university to check my CAS status.
Today I got an email from university.

Dear xxxxxx

I have been informed by the Home Office that your visa was granted yesterday. The only you need to do now is to wait to receive your documents.

😍Finger Crossed.
Now I am confused how an earth university can be notified by home office that student has been granted a Visa.
Does this ever happen to anyone on this forum that university can able to confirm wheather visa has been granted or refused before passport collection.
What do you think on it?

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Post by kingkhann » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 pm

I applied for visa on 20 Jul & done bi metric on 26 Jul and got acknowledgement email on 3 August. and today i got not straight forward email.

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm

kingkhann wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 pm
I applied for visa on 20 Jul & done bi metric on 26 Jul and got acknowledgement email on 3 August. and today i got not straight forward email.
Bro, do you have a bad travel history? Any visas refused etc? But one thing is sure that either they are not satisfied with your documents or the documents needs some investigation. They may contact your sponsor or employer in case you are a professional and many similar investigative tasks can be performed to make sure the legitimacy of your visa case.

But above all these factors - this email does never mean that your case is rejected. It simply means that some further investigation is needed and if it proves good for them - you can get visa.

Hope for the best..!!

kingkhann
Newly Registered

Post by kingkhann » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm

khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm
kingkhann wrote:
Bro, do you have a bad travel history? Any visas refused etc? But one thing is sure that either they are not satisfied with your documents or the documents needs some investigation. They may contact your sponsor or employer in case you are a professional and many similar investigative tasks can be performed to make sure the legitimacy of your visa case.

But above all these factors - this email does never mean that your case is rejected. It simply means that some further investigation is needed and if it proves good for them - you can get visa.

Hope for the best..!!
My UK Visit visa was rejected in 2015.

Not at all. No bad travel history at all, except one UK visit visa rejection in 2015. Done degree from UK and left for home country timely before expiry. Travelled to few other countries and never over stayed. All travel history is clear.

Only worrying for me, I have applied in July and today they have emailed for not straightforward after my call to them for escalation

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:52 pm

kingkhann wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:28 pm
khozam wrote:
kingkhann wrote:

Hope for the best..!!

Not at all. No bad travel history at all, except one UK visit visa rejection in 2015. Done degree from UK and left for home country timely before expiry. Travelled to few other countries and never over stayed. All travel history is clear.

Only worrying for me, I have applied in July and today they have emailed for not straightforward after my call to them for escalation
I havnt received any non-straightforward email yet and my bio-metrics was done on 11/07/17, still waiting for a decision so I guess this email doesn't really mean anything ..

khozam

Post by khozam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:07 pm

kingkhann wrote:
khozam wrote:
kingkhann wrote:

Hope for the best..!!

Bro, UK does not care much about if Schengen or even US visas are rejected but they are very critical if UK visa is rejected earlier. But since your travel history is all clear and you are a returning student so these credentials will definitely be considered in a positive way.

Do not worry - You will get your decision very soon now. Who knows you will get a call/SMS to collect your passport today..!!

Hope always nothing less than best..!!

mjaan

Post by mjaan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:11 pm

khozam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:07 pm
kingkhann wrote:
khozam wrote:
kingkhann wrote:

Hope for the best..!!

Bro, UK does not care much about if Schengen or even US visas are rejected but they are very critical if UK visa is rejected earlier. But since your travel history is all clear and you are a returning student so these credentials will definitely be considered in a positive way.

Do not worry - You will get your decision very soon now. Who knows you will get a call/SMS to collect your passport today..!!

Hope always nothing less than best..!!
I was refused a visit visa few mo ths ago 😕😕😕 and I'm waiting since 11/07 , is that rejection playing up with my case ? 😖

faizandaud
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faizandaud » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:31 pm

shp wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:31 pm
I applied from VFS Karachi on 27th July. I just called UKIV and the operator told me my application was decided on the 8th of September. When can I expect to collect my visa?
Did you receive any call mate?

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Hello guys

Well I just made a phone call to UKVI international enquiry and been told that the decision has been made on my application on 12th of September.

My timeline

1st Aug/ biometric & interview
8 Aug/ acknowledgement email
18th Aug/ delay in application
6th September / escalate my application

Now finally decision has been taken on 12th of September with non priority service. My course start date is 25th of September.

I advise everyone to call UKVI rather than an email which take long time to escalate your application and notify your latest arrival date on CAS.

I applied from lahore pakistan. So anyone here who applied from pakistan can assist me how many days it takes who already got their passports back.

Wish a luck to everyone who are still waiting for their Visa.
I hope to get my passport soon.

Umarthegreat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umarthegreat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 am

Here is my timeline.
Online visa application 08/09
Visa interview(islamabad) 12/09
Email that your application has been recieved 13/09

Course starts on 18/09 but i have an extention email that says i can come to the uni by 16/10

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 am

kingkhann wrote:
try to give similar answer for 2nd interview as you gave in first one...if your interview goes well you'l receive your visa inshAllah...i gave biometercs on 24th july not even a single email after acknowledgemnt:(

farhanalimir
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by farhanalimir » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am

I applied for tier 4 from Karachi on 19th of july and so far I havent heard anything back from UKVI regarding my application. classes are starting on 25th. Have escalated multiple times through call and email. University has contacted their license manager regarding the case and still got the same reply that the decision is pending. I mean this is absolutely unbelievable.

Is it just happening to people in Pakistan who applied in july. Or is the problem global in your opinion? Can we do anything about it. like as a group? if so who do we contact?

My visa timeline is as follows:

Applied for Tier 4 and bio-metrics - 19th July
Acknowledgement received and "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer" - 27th July

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:04 pm

Hey guys,

I am in the same boat I guess :/

28 Aug / biometric & interview
29 Aug / acknowledgement email
12 Sept/ delay in application email

My university starts from 25th and I am pretty sure I won't reach in time now. Everyone is mentioning calling to escalate; where exactly are you guys calling?

campolar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by campolar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:06 pm

farhanalimir wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:41 am
Is it just happening to people in Pakistan who applied in july. Or is the problem global in your opinion? Can we do anything about it. like as a group? if so who do we contact?
It happened in Malaysia too this year, and the government got involved and pushed UKVI to speed it up. Here's a news article regarding that: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2 ... lications/

Amei
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amei » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Hello guys

Does anyone know Gerry(UKVC) pakistan contact number. I am thinking to contact them and ask wheather my passport is ready for collection. Decision on my application was made on 12th of September. Haven't received any email , SMS or call to collect my passport.

Please give toll free or any number if anyone got. Couldn't find online.

mohsinsfc
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinsfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:49 am

Umarthegreat wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 am
Here is my timeline.

Course starts on 18/09 but i have an extention email that says i can come to the uni by 16/10
You Attached that email In Visa Documents? I forgot to attach that :(

mohsinsfc
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinsfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:00 am

Hey everyone

Dates :
Biometrics, Document scanning and Interview: 5/09/2017

Email Received: 6/09/2017
email received saying Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

I also have approved request of late arrival from university that is 25th September but I forgot to attach that email into my visa documents and My CAS Letter mentions start date of 12/09/2017

Will it affect the decision?
Also, let me know your timeline of visa decision

Razbi

Post by Razbi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 am

so i called them..and they said we've escalated your case blah blah😏

Umarthegreat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umarthegreat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:34 am

mohsinsfc wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:49 am
Umarthegreat wrote:
Here is my timeline.

Yes. My consultant told me this is enough to provide proof.In the interview they asked for my start date i told them the start date that's on cas and also told them about the email. Don't know weather it will cause a refusal for your visa. Maybe they will email you or call you about the start date of the course, in which case you should provide the email to them.

mohsinsfc
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinsfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:37 am

Umarthegreat wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:34 am
mohsinsfc wrote:
Umarthegreat wrote:
Here is my timeline.

Yes. My consultant told me this is enough to provide proof.In the interview they asked for my start date i told them the start date that's on cas and also told them about the email. Don't know weather it will cause a refusal for your visa. Maybe they will email you or call you about the start date of the course, in which case you should provide the email to them.
I didn't attach in visa documents and also forgot to talk about it in Interview :(
I had in mind that I have to talk about it but the tension of interview got over me :(
I hope this will not cause refusal :(

mohsinsfc
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinsfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:38 am

Umarthegreat wrote:
mohsinsfc wrote:
Umarthegreat wrote:
Here is my timeline.

Which university are you applying for?

Umarthegreat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umarthegreat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am

mohsinsfc wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:38 am
Umarthegreat wrote:
mohsinsfc wrote:
Umarthegreat wrote:
Here is my timeline.

Which university are you applying for?
Robert Gordon

Umarthegreat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Umarthegreat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 am

mohsinsfc wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:37 am
Umarthegreat wrote:
mohsinsfc wrote:
Umarthegreat wrote:
Here is my timeline.

I didn't attach in visa documents and also forgot to talk about it in Interview :(
I had in mind that I have to talk about it but the tension of interview got over me :(
You could try emailing your university immigration team and let them know about your situation. They can contact UKIV.

mohsinsfc
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mohsinsfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:51 am

Umarthegreat wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 am
mohsinsfc wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:37 am
Umarthegreat wrote:
mohsinsfc wrote:

You could try emailing your university immigration team and let them know about your situation. They can contact UKIV.
Already emailed them
Hopefully, they will respond soon