ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jeet_sp
Newly Registered
India

Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Post by jeet_sp » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi,
I am currently living in UK, holding Tier2-ICT VISA, which will expire soon. As I am not eligible to move to Tier2-General VISA, can any one please let me know, if my wife can get a student VISA and if I can get the dependant VISA then to stay in UK. Also, if its possible - then what kind of courses ( if part time/full time) are there, which she can target for this purpose. Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:05 am

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/eligibility

Note:
You must have:
an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Re: Query on UK dependant VISA based on Student VISA

Post by SamTiger » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:39 am

jeet_sp wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:32 pm
Hi,
I am currently living in UK, holding Tier2-ICT VISA, which will expire soon. As I am not eligible to move to Tier2-General VISA, can any one please let me know, if my wife can get a student VISA and if I can get the dependant VISA then to stay in UK.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa

Your wife as she is a dependant of your visa is not eligible for switching over to Tier 4 if applying within UK. She will have to return to your country and apply for a fresh Tier 4 visa. On the other hand, you are eligible to switch over to Tier 4.