ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can apply Tier 4 dependent visa when the Tier 4 main applicant visa is left with 5 Months only

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chandu333
Newly Registered
India

Can apply Tier 4 dependent visa when the Tier 4 main applicant visa is left with 5 Months only

Post by Chandu333 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi,

Could someone please help on the below query:
Can apply Tier 4 dependant visa when the Tier 4 main applicant is left with 5 only Months?, is this may get rejected due to only 5 months left for visa expiry please advise.

Thanks,
C.Kiran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can apply Tier 4 dependent visa when the Tier 4 main applicant visa is left with 5 Months only

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:41 pm

There is NO need to post multiple duplicate topics in different parts of the forum, posting once in the Tier 4 sub forum is sufficient and when someone is available online to answer your questions, I am sure they will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Can apply Tier 4 dependent visa when the Tier 4 main applicant visa is left with 5 Months only

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:26 pm

You were asking about applying as a Tier 2 dependant the other day:
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1672662

Can you clarify?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:56 pm

It's not clear from your posts what are your projects/situation.

However, if your partner/husband is at the bring of leaving the country due to his T4 visa expiring in 5 months, I don't think your dependent application would fly well with the Home Office. And even if it does, which I doubt, it won't give you more than these 5 months.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:29 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:56 pm
if your partner/husband is at the bring of leaving the country due to his T4 visa expiring in 5 months, I don't think your dependent application would fly well with the Home Office.
Where in the rules and guidance are you reading that there is a deadline by which the Tier 4 dependant must apply?

With respect, you should be drawing your conclusions from what those rules and guidance actually say, not what you think may be the case.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:38 am

I am drawing my conclusions from have read a lot of Home Office refusal letters.

When you apply for a visa, you have to put all chances from your side. If you don't, you expose yourself to a high risk of refusal which would then compromise further applications.

The guidelines don't say anything about how long remains in the sponsor visa. I agree with you on that aspecr but you have to draw a line somewhere. What if the sponsor visa has 20 days to go? There is nothing in the guidelines but still, the weakness of the sponsor own situation is going to reflect on any sponsorship application for dependent.

If the sponsor has any plans to extend or renew his visa, I would wait for that to happen before lodging the application for dependent.

But again, I understand your point. I am not saying you are wrong and I am right.

Chandu333
Newly Registered
India

Post by Chandu333 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:56 pm

I don't think I have posted anything on Tier 2 dependent, my query is on Tier 4 dependent visa.

Chandu333
Newly Registered
India

Post by Chandu333 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Thank you for your reply, what's the minimum months should be left to apply for Tier4 dependent visa?, ex: if the Tier 4 main applicant visa is getting expire in 7 months and if he applies the dependent visa for his spouse at 6Months, does it go well or any rejection would happen?, please advise.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Chandu333 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:56 pm
I don't think I have posted anything on Tier 2 dependent, my query is on Tier 4 dependent visa.
Maybe the thread in the link below will jog your memory - Tier 2 ICT dependent :idea: :?:

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1672662
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 pm

Chandu333 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm
what's the minimum months should be left to apply for Tier4 dependent visa?,
There is no minimum. For a dependant spouse the only requirement re: the Tier 4 migrant's extant leave is in paragraph 319(b)(i):

(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:
(i) has valid leave to enter or remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant

They must just have valid leave. The dependant's visa will have the same expiry date as the Tier 4 migrant, so it would not make any sense to apply if it was days from expiry, but otherwise there is no minimum.

I disagree with the previous answer that says it is risky.

Chandu333
Newly Registered
India

Post by Chandu333 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Thank you for your advice