ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post study visa 2020

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

woolies

Post study visa 2020

Post by woolies » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:03 am

Hello my fellow members,

I am writing this for my friend who is applying for masters visa from Pakistan.

He already studied masters here in uk back in 2010 and after that he applied PSW for two years. After completing his PSW he left the country, now he is applying for another masters program for 2020 batch from university of Greenwich, now question is will he get another PSW after completing his masters ?

There is new UKBA guideline came out which indicate that "one time non-extendable" post study visa.(screenshot attached) My concerns here is that once he left the country his continuity was broken and now he is applying a fresh application for another masters so he should have no issue getting another PSW after his masters.

Can someone here please help on this matter.

Regards.

woolies

Re: Post study visa 2020

Post by woolies » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:54 pm

No one here can answer this question ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:38 pm

woolies wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:54 pm
No one here can answer this question ?
No.

You are already reading the most recent and detailed information that has been published so far about the Graduate Immigration Route, and even that is still just headlines and proposals, not the full immigration rules and eligibility. The latter will be published when the route is launched next summer.

As you can see, the notes in that document only say that an applicant for the Graduate Immigration Route "must not have previously been granted leave under the Graduate route". It doesn't say anything about any other previous forms of leave being a problem.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

woolies

Post by woolies » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:36 am

Hi sah10406,

This is the problem its not clearly mentioned, but if someone has left the country and wishes to come back on new visa then he should be allowed another psw.

Anyway, i ll tell him that he wont be granted another psw.

Thanks sah10406 for your reply.

Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:44 am

woolies wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:36 am
its not clearly mentioned, but if someone has left the country and wishes to come back on new visa then he should be allowed another psw.
I don't see how having left and re-entered has any bearing on the matter. I think you may be over-thinking or over-analysing what is actually rather broad information in that document.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.