ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 & Previous Ban - ADVICE NEEDED

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

frantsii96
Newly Registered

Tier4 & Previous Ban - ADVICE NEEDED

Post by frantsii96 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi all,

I have a question regarding my cousin's application for Tier 4. She is considering to apply for one of the UK universities but 5 years ago she got ban to enter the UK when she applied for visit visa. As the embassy assumed she faked some documents, which was not correct, however she did not want to appeal. Now she is thinking of applying to Oxford univerity and we are not sure if there is a point to do so.

Can anyone please advise?

ps. She has recently received a new passport, not sure if it is relevant.

Thank you!

Casa

Re: Tier4 & Previous Ban - ADVICE NEEDED

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:00 am

"False representation in a previous application
If the false representation was found to have been made by the applicant (not a third
party) in relation to a previous application, a current application for entry clearance
must be refused and a current application for leave to remain should normally be
refused
."

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n-v2.0.pdf

There is generally a 10 year ban applied if the previous visa application was refused due to the submission of false documents.

The new passport won't change the situation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

frantsii96
Newly Registered

Post by frantsii96 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Does it mean that she can not apply for a student visa at all?

Thank you :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:19 pm

frantsii96 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:48 pm
Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Does it mean that she can not apply for a student visa at all?

Thank you :)
She is free to apply for a visa, but she should be prepared for the strong possibility of a refusal until at least the 10 year period has been completed. Has she checked the original refusal letter for confirm the length of ban she was given?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.