ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doctorate Extension Scheme Covid 19

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Doctorate Extension Scheme Covid 19

Post by jafferdeen » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi

My friend is on 12 months Doctorate Extension Scheme .His visa will finish in September 2020.His wife is on Dependent visa.Now his wife wants to become full time Tier 4 Student visa and he wants to switch into Dependent visa.I heard Home Office gave some concession.
Questions:-

1- Will Tier 4 concession scheme will apply to Doctorate Extension student?

2- Will wife be able to apply for Tier 4 within the UK?

please share a link too if possible

Regards
J Khan

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Doctorate Extension Scheme Covid 19

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:34 am

jafferdeen wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm
1- Will Tier 4 concession scheme will apply to Doctorate Extension student?
If you mean the concession to apply in the UK because it is "urgent" to do so, this applies to anyone whose leave expires on or after 1 September 2020.

See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents > If your leave expires after 1 September 2020
jafferdeen wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm
2- Will wife be able to apply for Tier 4 within the UK?
Yes, if she can show evidence that it is urgent that she applies now. You don't say when she intends to start her course, but it may not allow enough time to travel home, apply, and come back all in time to start the course. She would need evidence of that. I would advise that she discusses it with the international student adviser at the university.

See also UKCISA's guidance at https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6726 > Applying in the UK under Tier 4 when this is not usually possible.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.