ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa: Address on Bank statement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ChangezKhan87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 4 Visa: Address on Bank statement

Post by ChangezKhan87 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Hello, everyone, I need information urgently and someone recommended me to come for help at the immigration board website.

My story is that I have recently got admission to a University in the UK, I have most of the documents ready and am on the stage of applying for my visa. Please note that my Bank Statement is based on my account in one of the main Banks in the UK. However, I'm applying for Student Visa from my home country and using the UK Bank Statement. Please note that I used to be in the UK on a student visa for my undergrad when I made that bank account. Now the issue is that the address on the bank statement is based in the UK but the address of my visa application is from my home country (outside the UK). Also, note that my bank account/statement is active and accessible and I still use it for online payments such as apple accounts and online shopping.

Please advise as I am very stressed at the moment cause I don't know if it's ok to use my UK Bank Statement that has a UK address to apply for Tier 4 Student Visa from my home country? Please help me as I'm running out of time. Thank you once again.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Visa: Address on Bank statement

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 am

ChangezKhan87 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm
Please advise as I am very stressed at the moment cause I don't know if it's ok to use my UK Bank Statement that has a UK address to apply for Tier 4 Student Visa from my home country?
All the requirements for maintenance and evidence are laid out in Appendix Finance:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ix-finance

and in the guidance for caseworkers about it:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-guidance

Your university also probably has detailed guidance for their students about applying for a Student visa.

What are you reading in there that makes you think this may be a problem?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ChangezKhan87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ChangezKhan87 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:34 am

Well tbh, it's not written anywhere in the guidance or in the casework but someone told me this will be an issue and I'm really confused and worried. They are literally adamant about it.

Also, note additionally, I have paid my uni accommodation fees from this account as well.

ChangezKhan87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ChangezKhan87 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:03 pm

Basically, my friend is saying they will reject the visa if I have a different address on the visa application and a different address on the bank statement. How will they verify the identity? What is the basis for verifying? Even though the bank account was made on my passport while I was in the UK. And please see the excerpts from one of the links above:

Evidence from banks or building societies
It is not a requirement that electronic bank statements or pass books must be stamped on each page or accompanied by a supporting letter.
You would normally expect a banking or building society record to:
• be on official stationery or an electronic record
• be printed or electronic (not hand-written)
• include the account holder or holders names
• include the account number
• include the date of the statement
• include information about the bank, such as contact details or a branch code
• show transactions and amount held over time (although this is not the norm in
all countries)

It doesn't mention anywhere or anything about the address. Literally so worried as I'm running out of time.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:37 pm

ChangezKhan87 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:03 pm
Basically, my friend is saying they will reject the visa if I have a different address on the visa application and a different address on the bank statement.
ChangezKhan87 wrote:
It doesn't mention anywhere or anything about the address.
So to summarise, your friend says there is a secret requirement for bank statements to include your current address, and without it your application will fail. You have checked this for yourself, and you can see that such a requirement is nowhere to be found in the immigration rules or in the guidance for applicants and caseworkers, yet you still prefer to believe your friend that this secret requirement exists.
ChangezKhan87 wrote:
Literally so worried as I'm running out of time.
That is easy to solve. Ignore your friend and tell them to stop giving you half-baked visa advice, and trust what you can read with your own eyes that there is no such requirement.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ChangezKhan87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ChangezKhan87 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Haha, Thanks tonnes! It's such a relief to hear this. I was wondering the whole time if the address is that important why have they not been mentioned in the guidance or caseworker notes. Well, now that this is sorted I have another point I want some help with.

On my visa application form it says, "WILL YOU BE STAYING ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE UK?" now the thing is I have booked my student accommodation at the university which starts from 11th Sept however I might stay with my sister whose address is the same as the one on my bank statement. Now I might travel early and stay with her for a couple of days, so is it ok to put down that address in the application? Therefore I'll have to change the date of the expected arrival in the UK as well on my application. Also, note that my uni starts on the 12th of September so it's better if I arrive a couple of days early.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Given your obvious and ongoing anxiety about a number of aspects of the Student visa application, i advise that you get one-to-one advice from the professional visa adviser at your university. That's their job is to coach their students through the application.