ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk dependent visa question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dodgefandom
Newly Registered
Pakistan

uk dependent visa question

Post by dodgefandom » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:24 am

hi,

my spouse has applied for a study visa to the UK. i am planning on applying as a dependant. now the thing is, I was a student back in 2010 and had overstayed my visa by 4 months. left voluntarily and at my own cost. no stamp of any sort on my passport.

do I need to be bothered that my dependant visa application can be refused? what is the best approach here. please guide

vinny

Re: uk dependent visa question

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:16 am

Suitability requirements for a dependent partner or dependent child of a Student
ST 29.1. The suitability requirements for a partner or child on the Student route are that they must not fall for refusal under Part 9: grounds for refusal.

ST 29.2. A person applying for permission to stay must not be:
  • (a) in the UK in breach of immigration laws, except that where paragraph 39E applies, that period of overstaying will be disregarded; or
  • (b) on immigration bail.
If necessary, then declare the previous overstay. Should be okay under 9.8.7.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dodgefandom
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by dodgefandom » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:12 pm

when you say "if necessary"

Does that mean I can also select NO?

If I do that. Chances are they have my details in their system? Or is 11 year old overstaying not applicable after a certain period?

Please advise.

dodgefandom
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by dodgefandom » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:13 pm

and one more question, in continuation to this:

What exactly should I put in the box where they ask me for the reason for overstay?

I honestly have no answer for this. I wasn't working. Just at home, playing games, etc.. Nothing else really :/

What is the best possible answer for this particular clause? Any help is highly appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:21 am

dodgefandom wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:13 pm
and one more question, in continuation to this:

What exactly should I put in the box where they ask me for the reason for overstay?

I honestly have no answer for this. I wasn't working. Just at home, playing games, etc.. Nothing else really :/

What is the best possible answer for this particular clause? Any help is highly appreciated.
Best possible answer is the truth and being over 10years it may not be of significance to the decision making of your new application.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:18 am

dodgefandom wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:13 pm

I think this is disingenuous. You knew that your student visa was ending, but you decided to overstay. The reason for that is exactly what you should put.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.