ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

atas clearance certificate

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

atas

Post by dipu_s4u » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:01 pm

all the university said was we cant help you with this. u can apply for atas 6 months before, there are delays n its busy period and u should have applied early. thats what i heard any where i tried for help. good luck

atif405
Newly Registered

ATAS

Post by atif405 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:08 am

Hi Dear

I have applied for my ATAS more than 6 weeks ago and still awaiting a reply. Now I cannot come to UK to join september session and want to apply for January session. I dont know whether I have to apply for new ATAS clearance or not although my university and course details will be same (Just start date will change from september to january)
Any ideas Please

Much Appreciated

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:15 am

hey atif ,

damn its sucha pain when almost everything is ready and your cannot submit application because of lil thing.

exactly what date your course is starting??

atif405
Newly Registered

Post by atif405 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 am

hey ice braker

my course is starting on 14th september but the last date for enrolment is 24 th september. So even I get my ATAS now it is virtually impossible for me to get a visa. I have spoken to university they can enrol me to january session but the question is whether I have to reapply for new ATAS or this one will be valid for next session.
Thanks

Atif

taneja.deepyanti
Newly Registered

Post by taneja.deepyanti » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Hello everyone!!!

I am in a state of complete mess.
I had applied for an ATAS clearance certificate on 8 aug'09. got a confirmation mail, the same day.
got a mail from atas on 10 aug asking me about the optional modules. i replied right then and there. got no acknowledgement. resent the optional modules on 12 aug. no acknowledgements again.
resent again on 8 sept. they acknowledge it this time saying "thanku for the info we asked for. your application has been amended and wud be processed in due course"
Now m waiting for the certificate. my course starts on 28 sept. please anybody with any suggestions as to whom to contact??
I called up the univ as well but to no avail!
Thanks
Deepyanti

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:42 am

hey atif,

as ATAS has a unique reference number and just incase if UKvisa verify your details and course date and if it doesnt match your application will likely to be delayed or refused.

well just to be on safe side apply for new one stating new dates for ur course.

karthick.kg
Newly Registered

ATAS - Application response

Post by karthick.kg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I can see from most of the posts that you are worried about your ATAS application. Since it is busy around this time of the year, it takes longer than 10 days. remember, it is upto 10 working days from the date of submission of complete application.

If you try followig up within 10 days of application, you will rarely get any response and unfortunately, the only thing that you can do is wait. Also, please check your SPAM/JUNK folder as there has been quite a few cases where the certificate has ended up in the spam/junk folder.

The best thing to do while you wait is to inform your respective university that there is a delay in the application process and that (if) you might not be able to enroll on the stipulated date. It is essential that you do this as some universities will not let you to enroll after certain dates.

If you have further questions, please visit http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/fco-in-action/ ... e-applying.

Hope it has helped.

Regards,
Karthick KG
-Education UK Ambassador

ammasathish
Newly Registered

hi kathich

Post by ammasathish » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:07 pm

if its 10 working days after the application has been submitted is well and good.. but ppl here are waiting for more than 30 working days.. y haven't they sent us their decision regarding the atas application

karthick.kg
Newly Registered

Post by karthick.kg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Well...Since it is busy during this time of the year, It takes much longer. I have personally heard of cases where it has taken up to 2 months.

For people who find this post later on, please start applying for the ATAS at your earliest. If you have not decided on which university to join, apply for all the universities that has given a offer letter. and once you have decided, you can inform which applications are to be ignored.

Regards,
Karthick KG
-Education UKAambassador

didi12321
Newly Registered

Hi, have you receive your atas certificate?

Post by didi12321 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

taneja.deepyanti wrote:Hello everyone!!!

I am in a state of complete mess.
I had applied for an ATAS clearance certificate on 8 aug'09. got a confirmation mail, the same day.
got a mail from atas on 10 aug asking me about the optional modules. i replied right then and there. got no acknowledgement. resent the optional modules on 12 aug. no acknowledgements again.
resent again on 8 sept. they acknowledge it this time saying "thanku for the info we asked for. your application has been amended and wud be processed in due course"
Now m waiting for the certificate. my course starts on 28 sept. please anybody with any suggestions as to whom to contact??
I called up the univ as well but to no avail!
Thanks
Deepyanti

CrisCalixto
Newly Registered

Post by CrisCalixto » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Hello everybody! I have also applied for my ATAS clearance certificate but have not received it yet. I have sent them a few enquiries but no response so far.

-Application submitted: 19th August.
-Additional information required: 8th September!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I responded on the same day)

My studies start on 1st October, but I am coming to terms with the idea that I won't be able to arrive there in time...

Regards,

Cris

Onlyravian
Newly Registered

Atas certificate

Post by Onlyravian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi there! I had a great relief when I saw this useful forum. I started my engineering in my home country and after completing first two years I transfered my credits to university of Leicester and studies final two years here. Recently I have completed my degree and now want to join Loughborough uni for postgraduate studies. I have applied for atas certificate on 18th of august and got an email on same day from atas team saying "We would like to see more information before we process this.  For your referees we would like to see details of two people who have known you academically (a tutor or supervisor) or professionally (a manager from a place of work) for longer than 3 years.  At least one of these referees needs to be an academic from your country of origin" I responded on same day as I have not spent continuous three years in any uni and I have explained this thing several times. I didn't get any response from them and I am really worried and want to ask whether providing referees who have be known for less than three years will have any effect? Can it lead to refusal of atas application? Please help me if anybody has any information and moreover, how much they taking to process the applications now a days as in next week my course is starting.

CrisCalixto
Newly Registered

Post by CrisCalixto » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:46 pm

I have received an e-mail from the ATAS team today confirming I have sent the information I missed on my application. In the end of the e-mail they said the following:

"If you have submitted an ATAS application it is important that you quote your ATAS applicant ID in all correspondence with us."

I thought I could share this information with you in case you are trying to contact them. It is easier if you add the ATAS ID on the subtitle of the e-mail.

I hope this helps.

Cris

ps: I'm still waiting for my certificate...........

CrisCalixto
Newly Registered

Post by CrisCalixto » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:23 pm

My certificate arrived on 25th September!!! 1 month and 6 days later...
However, it does not contain my JACS code :-(
I want to apply for my VISA either way. What do you suggest me to do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:54 pm

hi ! congrats!!!!!!!! I am not sure if any body got their jacs code on their certificate. many of them i enquired said that they did not have jacs code on their certificate. my atas certificate also had no jacs code on it but i applied for visa and got my permission. so relax n apply for ur visa. good luck

pugal20
Newly Registered

atas clearence delay

Post by pugal20 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:16 am

:cry: :cry:

hello everybody
this is pugzh from chennai....... i applied for atas on 8th august..............and till now i didnt received my atas .......i have sent many mails to them but no response........then i received a mail on 8th sept that ..the application has been amended and will be processed in the due course.......please allow up to 10 working days to receive the outcome.........now the 10 working days also over till now i didnt receive any mails...........does anyone in the same situation.....please help me

ammasathish
Newly Registered

atas team contact

Post by ammasathish » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:13 am

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:_i ... clnk&gl=in

people try this link u may get some contact of people workin in atas.. may be of some help to u

ammasathish
Newly Registered

i am waiting for 55 days

Post by ammasathish » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:51 am

hey guys i am awaiting for almost 55 days for my ATAS clearance i have not got one. can anyone tell me whether any one cleared recently .. i also heard some say that the atas people have stopped dispatching atas certificates, is it true.. i am really in very bad state. i have made all my arrangements for my visa except ATAS.. please any one guide me

rafasegundo50
Newly Registered

Moral Support

Post by rafasegundo50 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 pm

Hello everybody,

I am desperate now as many of you. I begun the registration process on August 28, got the email to the application link on September 02th, got the notification of application submitted on September 03th, contacted demanding additional information on September 24, since then I have not new news, I still waiting for the certificate. I am losing my hopes, I should start my PhD project today, and I have no idea when I can receive the certificated.

Does anyone have receive this certificate recently??

I feel very related with the people on this forum.

weirdo
Newly Registered

Post by weirdo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 am

Applied on Aug 8
Received on Sept 18.

It's now taking 1 month 10 days to get ATAS certificate.

rafasegundo50
Newly Registered

Post by rafasegundo50 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:43 pm

I hope to have the same luck as you, I am close to complete the month and the 10 days. Thanks for your information.

chandana.k22
Newly Registered

Re: Moral Support

Post by chandana.k22 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Hello there! I am sailing in the same boat. Applied on Aug 18th. They requested for additional info on September 2nd, sent it to them. Then once again they asked for additional info on 20th! sent it yet again, but they have nt acknowledged it as yet. And i'm still waiting for the certificate. This is kinda ridiculous, but, i ve realised there s nothing much we can do other than keep r fingers crossed!
rafasegundo50 wrote:Hello everybody,

I am desperate now as many of you. I begun the registration process on August 28, got the email to the application link on September 02th, got the notification of application submitted on September 03th, contacted demanding additional information on September 24, since then I have not new news, I still waiting for the certificate. I am losing my hopes, I should start my PhD project today, and I have no idea when I can receive the certificated.

Does anyone have receive this certificate recently??

I feel very related with the people on this forum.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:23 pm

does everyone who apply for visa needs an atas?

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:23 pm

hi

chandana.k22
Newly Registered

Post by chandana.k22 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:16 pm

NO. Everyone need not have an ATAS. It is only for those who undertake a research degree. Please google for ATAS and read the rules so that you can be clear, cz i m not too sure.
wait wrote:does everyone who apply for visa needs an atas?