ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

atas clearance certificate

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

atas clearance certificate

Post by dipu_s4u » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Did anyone apply for ATAS clearance certificate? if so then how long did it take for the process? i applied for mine before 5 weeks and still waiting for the reply. please reply asap. thanks in advance.

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:00 pm

FYI, I submitted my ATAS application on 22nd July.
As of 11th August I havent recieved the ATAS certificate.
My visa expires on 30th August.
I will sending my student extension application on 24th August (with or without ATAS certificate)

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:20 am

thanks for the reply . are u applying in country or somewhere else?
Do you think they will accept the atas certificate later if we enclose a covering letter with the application? i got mixed replies from others, some say that home office is not accepting documents sent later.

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:44 am

FYI, I am applying from UK.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/fco-in-action/ ... e-applying

Taken from the above link

"15. My visa has expired and I still haven’t received my ATAS certificate, should I apply for my extension without it?

If you have not left sufficient time for your ATAS application to be processed you can submit your application for an extension of stay to the Home Office and include a letter indicating you will send your ATAS certificate on when you have it.

You should be aware however that applying for an ATAS certificate does not guarantee it will be issued. Failure to produce a valid ATAS certificate could result in your application for an extension being refused."

dipu_s4u, this is the only way you can make sure that you post your application before your visa expires and that you are not staying illegally in UK. On the other hand, you have only option to return home and apply from there. In that case, you may have to wait several weeks or even several months before you receive ATAS certificate. You cant take that much leave from Uni., if you are already in middle of your studies.

One thing is sure, you cant apply without ATAS certificate if you are applying from overseas, unless someone proves me wrong.

dipu_s4u wrote:thanks for the reply . are u applying in country or somewhere else?
Do you think they will accept the atas certificate later if we enclose a covering letter with the application? i got mixed replies from others, some say that home office is not accepting documents sent later.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:50 am

i am doing the same. lets wait n see

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:58 am

May I know when did you apply for ATAS and also quote here as and when you recieve the same.

dipu_s4u wrote:i am doing the same. lets wait n see

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 pm

ukvisa2004 wrote:May I know when did you apply for ATAS and also quote here as and when you recieve the same.

applied on 6th july. no reply for enquiries. i will surely post when i recieve it but i read in other forum that they r others who are waiting long and someone applied end of june is still waiting.

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:35 am

when your visa is going to expire? Mine is 30th August (before you ask)

dipu_s4u wrote:
ukvisa2004 wrote:May I know when did you apply for ATAS and also quote here as and when you recieve the same.

applied on 6th july. no reply for enquiries. i will surely post when i recieve it but i read in other forum that they r others who are waiting long and someone applied end of june is still waiting.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 pm

ukvisa2004 wrote:when your visa is going to expire? Mine is 30th August (before you ask)

dipu_s4u wrote:

sent u a pm

ukvisa2004

Post by ukvisa2004 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:47 pm

dipu_s4u: Thanks for the pm.
dipu_s4u wrote:
ukvisa2004 wrote:when your visa is going to expire? Mine is 30th August (before you ask)

dipu_s4u wrote:

sent u a pm

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

atas

Post by dipu_s4u » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:15 pm

ukvisa2004:

do you think the ho accept my application without atas? , if they reject my application i dont have appeal right as u know. when i called ukcisa few weeks back they said that ho is not accepting documents sent later n my visa will be rejected straightaway. did you get any suggestions from anybody else? any help will be most appreciated.thanks

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am

i applied for ATAS on 13/06/2009 and finally got it on 24/07/2009. usually they do it in 2weeks time but in my case they asked me to change the reference details and that caused lil delay in my application.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:32 pm

ice_breaker wrote:i applied for ATAS on 13/06/2009 and finally got it on 24/07/2009. usually they do it in 2weeks time but in my case they asked me to change the reference details and that caused lil delay in my application.

Can you please give the dates as when they asked you to change the details and when you replied to them. Did they send you any confirmation when you sent them the changed reference details? please reply asap as i am stuck with atas and my visa expired. I am worried that they might reject my apllication if i apply without atas certificate. Thanks

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 pm

sorry for late reply. here are the dates

10/06/2009 ATAS REGISTERED (received confirmation by mail)

15/06/2009 and 25/06/2009 Asking me to change the reference details. i replied to email and gave them new reference and on 25th i got email again and i gave the same reference details.

08/07/2009 ATAS acknowledgement about the received reference detail

24/07/2009 ATAS APPROVED

hope that helps.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:45 pm

ice_breaker wrote:sorry for late reply. here are the dates

10/06/2009 ATAS REGISTERED (received confirmation by mail)

15/06/2009 and 25/06/2009 Asking me to change the reference details. i replied to email and gave them new reference and on 25th i got email again and i gave the same reference details.

08/07/2009 ATAS acknowledgement about the received reference detail

24/07/2009 ATAS APPROVED

hope that helps.

Thanks for the details. I wanted to analyse how many days it might take. i submitted my application on 6th July, they asked me more details about my education if any on 8th and i replied to them the next day but i did not get any confirmation from them. i sent them enquiries about the status of my application but got no response. still waiting for the response.thanks

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 pm

I got my ATAS approved today!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody for your help. specially ukvisa2004

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:59 pm

nice1

anilmech
Newly Registered

Reg ATAS Clearance Acknowledgement

Post by anilmech » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:29 am

hi
I applied for ATAS on 10th aug 2009 and on 11th Aug they asked me the reference details.. i gave them on the same date...But after that i not recieved any mail regarding acknowledgement of the reference details and after that i send two more mails but no response at all...

Friday also i send one more mail reg status of my application but one autogenerated mail came saying we r too busy we will reply u soon.

Please guide me what to do?

anand

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: Reg ATAS Clearance Acknowledgement

Post by ice_breaker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:20 pm

hey anil , dont worry , they are very busy at the moment as this is peak time for the students applying for ATAS, as i mentioned i received ATAS on 24/07/2009 and the same day morning i sent email to them about the status, and guess what i got reply from them on 28/08/2009 saying i have been issued already and attached the ATAS certificate for my reference. so just wait a while you will hear from them soon.

anilmech wrote:hi
I applied for ATAS on 10th aug 2009 and on 11th Aug they asked me the reference details.. i gave them on the same date...But after that i not recieved any mail regarding acknowledgement of the reference details and after that i send two more mails but no response at all...

Friday also i send one more mail reg status of my application but one autogenerated mail came saying we r too busy we will reply u soon.

Please guide me what to do?

anand

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

atas

Post by dipu_s4u » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:07 am

Hi Anilmech,

don't worry many of them are waiting for their atas certificates as there are long delays. u will get yours eventually. i think it is taking 1 to 2 months for some. so if you have time then relax. they donot send any confirmation for the details you send after u submit ur application as long as i know( i did not get any for mine) and also did not reply to my enquiries.

Simurgh
Newly Registered

Post by Simurgh » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:32 pm

I applied for ATAS on 14th August. After that I just got notification with pdf form. I will need to apply for visa in next 5-6 days as my MSc course start in the beginning of October.

Do you have any advice for me, I AM VERY WORRIED now!
(i thought it wont take longer then 10 days to get certificate).

ammasathish
Newly Registered

atas certificate

Post by ammasathish » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:29 pm

i applied for atas on August 11. till now i have not got any reply from atas how many days will it take for atas to give clearance for my application.. i was also once asked for a detailed statement of purpose, which i sent them back, my friends who applied 5 days before me have already got. please help me as my university starts at end september..

saum_kmr
Newly Registered

Post by saum_kmr » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:36 am

Hey, I had applied for atas on 28th of aug and that day itself they asked me more information about the area of research field. i replied immediately on that dy itself, but havent got ne acknowledgment for it, neither they respond to any of my mails! my course is scheduled to start dis oct and m still helpless! can ne one suggest wat can be one??

thanks

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

atas

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:14 am

all i can tell u is nothing can be done other than waiting. i understand ur situations as i was is your place few weeks back. get your visa applications and other works done so that u can apply for ur visa as soon as u get your atas certificate. there are long delays as it is the busy period. as per my experience and few others, they donot send any aknowledgement for the information we send later nor they are replying for emails. i sent them 5 enquiries over a month period regarding the status of my application and i got a reply for my first enquiry saying that my application is in process the day after recieving my atas certificate. its really funny! looks like they did not realise they have already sent me my certificate. i wonder what they are doing and atleast they should notify applicants there are delays. anyways goodluck to all of u and hope u'll get yours soon.

saum_kmr
Newly Registered

Post by saum_kmr » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:21 am

hey, thanks for replying!but is there no way tht the college university can help us for d same?