ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ATAS application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anilmech
Newly Registered

ATAS application

Post by anilmech » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:45 pm

hi
i got a admission to PhD in mechanical engg and i applied ATAS on 10th august and got one quiery of more details of referee name... so replied it back on same day...
But i not got any information whether they recieved my replied mail or not.. i put one more mail also but no reply...
My project is sponsored by one of govt company..
Can any one let me know ..how much time it may take in average...

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:25 pm

normally 2-3 weeks, in my case they took lil longer as they asked for further reference details that took almost a month

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:51 pm

hello,

cant say anything as i applied on 6th july n still waiting, some who applied end of june are also still waiting. but few got theirs within 3 weeks. dont know whats taking them so long. you might be lucky and get yours soon. good luck

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 pm

well its a peak time coz all the session starts by sept/oct so you should expect 2-3 weeks extra in processing

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:36 pm

I got my atas approved today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anilmech
Newly Registered

Got ATAS clearance

Post by anilmech » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:22 am

I applied on 10th aug for ATAS and next day they asked me reg some more details about referre's... On 10th sep they send me a acknowledgement saying all ur refree details r updated and processing may take 10 days..On 18th sep they send me the ATAS approval mail..

Thanks a lot for all memebers for the help and advice

Onlyravian
Newly Registered

Atas certificate

Post by Onlyravian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi there! I had a great relief when I saw this useful forum. I started my engineering in my home country and after completing first two years I transfered my credits to university of Leicester and studies final two years here. Recently I have completed my degree and now want to join Loughborough uni for postgraduate studies. I have applied for atas certificate on 18th of august and got an email on same day from atas team saying "We would like to see more information before we process this.  For your referees we would like to see details of two people who have known you academically (a tutor or supervisor) or professionally (a manager from a place of work) for longer than 3 years.  At least one of these referees needs to be an academic from your country of origin" I responded on same day as I have not spent continuous three years in any uni and I have explained this thing several times. I didn't get any response from them and I am really worried and want to ask whether providing referees who have be known for less than three years will have any effect? Can it lead to refusal of atas application? Please help me if anybody has any information and moreover, how much they taking to process the applications now a days as in next week my course is starting.

taneja.deepyanti
Newly Registered

Post by taneja.deepyanti » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Hello everyone!

I got my ATAS certificate on 23 sept. Had applied on 9 aug.
For all those who are waiting for the certificate, the only advice that I'd like to give is to be patient.
Waiting is the only thing that one could do.

Meanwhile ask the univ to extend your arrival date(in case its required).

Thanks to everyone in this forum for helping me out.

-Deepyanti