ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 APPLICATION REFUSED UNDER 245ZV(b)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VIRGIN2030
Newly Registered

TIER 4 APPLICATION REFUSED UNDER 245ZV(b)

Post by VIRGIN2030 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:21 am

HI i applied for a tier4 visa and mine applicatin refused by eco.
could you please suggest is there any chance of success in administrative review.im giving below the exact decision of eco.

you have claimed 30 points for a valid cas,however the cas dose not contain the mandatory information as specified in the guidence.you are being admitted to follow english language course as a foreign language to cefr b2.in accordance with the published guidance,cas is required to provide details of exactly how your english language ability was assessed to have reached the minimum required level of cefr b1,cas states that your english proficiency was assessed through on line test and skype interview how ever is such cases you must also be assessed by the sponsor to ensure that you have an english language competence at level b1 of the cefr.there is no confirmation in cas that you have attained the english proficiency to the required level of b1.im not satisfied that you have provided the specified documents as required under appendix of the immigration rules.im therefore not satisfied that you achieved 30 points under appendix a and meet the requirements for entry clearance as a tier4 general student.i therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245zv(b)of the immigration rules.

i dont ve ielts.and i been awarded 10 points for maintenance.
i also interviewed by college online through skype?
whats you suggest which ground i should used in administrative review?

achoo
Newly Registered

Post by achoo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi
sorry to hear that, but i think there shouldn't be any problem when you apply again , just contact to your college and arrange a new CAS which shows that how they assessed your english ability ,

and also wait for some more value able comments

by the way which college you was going ?

VIRGIN2030
Newly Registered

Post by VIRGIN2030 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 pm

achoo wrote:Hi
sorry to hear that, but i think there shouldn't be any problem when you apply again , just contact to your college and arrange a new CAS which shows that how they assessed your english ability ,

and also wait for some more value able comments

by the way which college you was going ?
it was mentioned on cas letter thet student was assessed online test and skype interview by college director of studies to ensure that he is able to follow the course at level CEFR LEVEL B2.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm

I am sorry for you but I think that PBS is not applied anymore for English courses and applications decided on the personal view of ECOs. I've seen about 7 cases of English Courses which were very interesting for me. Two of them were identical but one refused and one accepted!!! The reasons are very junk. It is stated in the guidances that IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF TIER 4 sponsor to assess the English level of the applicants. But ECOs reject on the basis that HOW DID THEY ASSESS?

In the last and most shameful case, the CAS was this:
Evidence of capability to follow the course:
“English UKâ€