ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension for resit student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gigi
Newly Registered

Visa extension for resit student

Post by gigi » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:17 pm

I am currently under student visa (Tire 1), studying MSc degree. The visa is expiring on 1st of February, 2011. But unfortunately, I re-submitted the final project paper yesterday (10, Dec, 2010). The results are likely to be announced in March 2011. I might be able to get the letter issued in January if I pass. I have also discussed with my University tutor. She also assumed that I could apply PSW visa by the letter from university. But, she is not an expert for visa issue. She also wants me to ask someone who know about that very well. Hopefully I will receive a certificate shortly afterward (presumably in the mid of May) I have heard that I can apply for Post-study work (Tier 1) visa with a letter from my university. On the other hand, my university will issue CAS number to me. But, the CAS completion date will be on 04 of February, 2011. The expired of my visa is on 01 of February, 2011. I'd be very grateful, at this point, for your advice and guidance to apply for the post-study work visa.

VIRGIN2030
Newly Registered

Re: Visa extension for resit student

Post by VIRGIN2030 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 pm

gigi wrote:I am currently under student visa (Tire 1), studying MSc degree. The visa is expiring on 1st of February, 2011. But unfortunately, I re-submitted the final project paper yesterday (10, Dec, 2010). The results are likely to be announced in March 2011. I might be able to get the letter issued in January if I pass. I have also discussed with my University tutor. She also assumed that I could apply PSW visa by the letter from university. But, she is not an expert for visa issue. She also wants me to ask someone who know about that very well. Hopefully I will receive a certificate shortly afterward (presumably in the mid of May) I have heard that I can apply for Post-study work (Tier 1) visa with a letter from my university. On the other hand, my university will issue CAS number to me. But, the CAS completion date will be on 04 of February, 2011. The expired of my visa is on 01 of February, 2011. I'd be very grateful, at this point, for your advice and guidance to apply for the post-study work visa.
i ve just found a link for you,it is on University of Southampton page.
Q) I have submitted my dissertation. Can I now apply for Postâ€

mohan1616
Newly Registered

Post by mohan1616 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:23 am

I am also in same situvation.
No one has answered my question.
God should only help.

gigi
Newly Registered

@ VIRGIN2030

Post by gigi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:59 am

Thank you mate for your interesting in my case. I thought that it will be impossible to apply PSW. But, when I checked in Home office site (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... stitution/), they are showing the information for applicant who can't support actual certificate. If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:. That is why I hoped before the rumor for Visa. At the moment, I don't know what I have to do. So, if you have any information about that, please let me know. Thank a lot friend. :cry:

gigi
Newly Registered

@mohan1616

Post by gigi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 am

We have the same problem. I think you should ask student adviser or professional adviser. I think we should try to apply visa as quick as we can. :cry:

mohan1616
Newly Registered

Post by mohan1616 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:26 pm

if you dont mind give me your phone number i will cal you . as there is no time

mohan1616
Newly Registered

Re: @mohan1616

Post by mohan1616 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:35 pm

gigi wrote:We have the same problem. I think you should ask student adviser or professional adviser. I think we should try to apply visa as quick as we can. :cry:
I need to contact you. I am in exactly same to same situvation no one has replied to me what to do. very confused.

chinagef

Re: @ VIRGIN2030

Post by chinagef » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 pm

gigi wrote:Thank you mate for your interesting in my case. I thought that it will be impossible to apply PSW. But, when I checked in Home office site (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... stitution/), they are showing the information for applicant who can't support actual certificate. If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:. That is why I hoped before the rumor for Visa. At the moment, I don't know what I have to do. So, if you have any information about that, please let me know. Thank a lot friend. :cry:
As the award will only be confirmed in March 2011, your university would not be able to confirm you are simply waiting for the physical certificate.

In cases like this, the correct thing to do would be to return to your home country and to apply for entry clearance. Given that the PSW route may be closed in March, I wish you the best of luck!

You may wish to as an interim measure, extend your student visa application by enrolling on a new course to avoid having to return to your home country and to simply apply for the PSW as soon as you have received notification of your award.