ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent To whom i need to trust SOLICITOR OR COLLEGE

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vkbairi

Urgent To whom i need to trust SOLICITOR OR COLLEGE

Post by vkbairi » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Dear Concern,

I got my visa refusal as i have submited CAS with level 7 as my english requirement.

Now am on appeal,i got appeal date on 28 nov 2011.but my solictor is saying we dont attend for appeal,but we will make fresh application before this appeal date.i have done my english level B2 in this time.

Solicitor requested me to provide all fresh application documents.So i went to college for CAS,they rufused to give me as i dont have valid visa.visa expired on 30 sept 2011.

To whom i need to trust now.

1.Solicitor is not willing to attend for hearing at all.he is just telling me to provide documents and we will make fresh application.(solicitor say about NEW RULE:i cant provide new documents to court such as English level b2 which i didnt show to UKBA at time of application).

HE is telling me to provide 7200 funds in bank as i dont have visa now.

2.college is not giving me CAS.

Please kindly tell me ur advise.
Thanks

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Honestly, you cannot trust both of them. In matter of student visas, solicitors want easy money and college just care about what is going to affect their sponsor status.

So go for what is low-stressful for you and cost you less.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent To whom i need to trust SOLICITOR OR COLLEGE

Post by tuliprose » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:39 pm

vkbairi wrote:Dear Concern,

I got my visa refusal as i have submited CAS with level 7 as my english requirement.

Now am on appeal,i got appeal date on 28 nov 2011.but my solictor is saying we dont attend for appeal,but we will make fresh application before this appeal date.i have done my english level B2 in this time.

Solicitor requested me to provide all fresh application documents.So i went to college for CAS,they rufused to give me as i dont have valid visa.visa expired on 30 sept 2011.

1.Solicitor is not willing to attend for hearing at all.he is just telling me to provide documents and we will make fresh application.(solicitor say about NEW RULE:i cant provide new documents to court such as English level b2 which i didnt show to UKBA at time of application).

Thanks
Your solicitor is telling you right thing to do.

Because of Section 19 started back on 23rd May 2011. You are not allowed to submit any new evidence. So there is no point fighting for appeal.

If your funds are ready (7200 + remaining fees) for 28 days, then re-apply.

If your funds are not ready yet then do paper based appeal. This will give you more time to maintain your funds and a way to stay here in UK legally.

As far as college is concerned, they should give you the CAS letter as you are still staying legally here in UK.

But in case then cann't give you the CAS then change the college and get it.

Good luck.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks
the solicitor is right -- there is in fact new rule that you can't introduce fresh documents on appeal

i dont know about cas

Rasaf

Post by Rasaf » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:09 pm

can you let me know the details of your level 7 course, where you completed the course and who the awarding body is, as if it was a accepted degree taught in a majority speaking country this is acceptable. Can you also provide the refusal wording, so I can advice you further.

vkbairi wrote: Now am on appeal,i got appeal date on 28 nov 2011.but my solictor is saying we dont attend for appeal,but we will make fresh application before this appeal date.i have done my english level B2 in this time.

if your solicitor is not willing to attend the hearing, you can attend without him, and if your refusal was only because of your english and your degree is acceptable you wont really need him.

as you are in appeal you are still legal in the country, and a appeal letter showing your date should be enough for your college to issue you a new CAS letter.

vkbairi wrote:

also let me know when your last course finished, as the maintenance that needs to be shown in the bank will depend on this.

vkbairi

Post by vkbairi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:28 pm

thank you very much

I have completed PG diploma level 7 awarding body charted management institute.

ukba said:
we wont accept professional or vocational qualifications as satisfying the english language criteria,even they are deemed to be at the same level as a degree course.

I came to uk to study this course,they issued me 22 months visa,as my course finished earlier than i started to study top up mba,which was started in june 2011 and i made extension in july 1st,i got my refusal on 10 oct,but my visa expired on 30 sept 2011.my MBA is gng to finish on 17-02-2011.

i spoke to my solicitor,they said,you can go and attend for hearing.but my hearing is on 28-11-2011 till now i didnt send any documents to court and respondent. but am planning to submit in person tomorrow in court.will it be accepted.

my college spoke to home office and issued me new CAS.but i spoke to home office regarding my fresh application.they strongly recommend me to go for hearing.they told me to maintain 7200 funds and college fee i paid fully if i make fresh application

but my course about to finsh in next 3months hardly.i got 2400 in my bank account.
Rasaf wrote:

can you let me know the details of your level 7 course, where you completed the course and who the awarding body is, as if it was a accepted degree taught in a majority speaking country this is acceptable. Can you also provide the refusal wording, so I can advice you further.

vkbairi wrote: Now am on appeal,i got appeal date on 28 nov 2011.but my solictor is saying we dont attend for appeal,but we will make fresh application before this appeal date.i have done my english level B2 in this time.

if your solicitor is not willing to attend the hearing, you can attend without him, and if your refusal was only because of your english and your degree is acceptable you wont really need him.

as you are in appeal you are still legal in the country, and a appeal letter showing your date should be enough for your college to issue you a new CAS letter.

vkbairi wrote:

also let me know when your last course finished, as the maintenance that needs to be shown in the bank will depend on this.

Rasaf

Post by Rasaf » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:13 pm

vkbairi wrote:thank you very much

ukba said:
we wont accept professional or vocational qualifications as satisfying the english language criteria,even they are deemed to be at the same level as a degree course.

I came to uk to study this course,they issued me 22 months visa,as my course finished earlier than i started to study top up mba,which was started in june 2011 and i made extension in july 1st,i got my refusal on 10 oct,but my visa expired on 30 sept 2011.my MBA is gng to finish on 17-02-2011.

i spoke to my solicitor,they said,you can go and attend for hearing.but my hearing is on 28-11-2011 till now i didnt send any documents to court and respondent. but am planning to submit in person tomorrow in court.will it be accepted.

my college spoke to home office and issued me new CAS.but i spoke to home office regarding my fresh application.they strongly recommend me to go for hearing.they told me to maintain 7200 funds and college fee i paid fully if i make fresh application

but my course about to finsh in next 3months hardly.i got 2400 in my bank account.
go to the hearing, with your qualifications, most likely the judge will overturn the decision, and remember to take your IELTS with you, although they don't except new supporting evidence, if the judge does not grant your visa, you will still be able to re apply with your new CAS

when did you stop studying, if it was within the last four months then you will only need to show two months maintenance £1600 if you are in inner london

if you stopped studying more then four months ago, then you will have to show three months maintenance, if you only need a three month extension.

click the link for further details.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /how-much/#

vkbairi

Post by vkbairi » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:14 pm

thank for advising me

Actually today i have submitted my documents to court and home officer representative team as im attending hearing on Monday inshallah.

i made my file with all supporting evidence

more over my course is continuing since last 6months.i applied for extension.i got 10 points for funds but cas was rejected for english language

this time my colege gave CAS after speaking with home office,home office told to my college,issue cas from todays date till he finish the course.

So i got CAS from 22 nov 2011 to 17 feb 2012.so roughly no more than 3months.

more over am maintaining 2400 in my bank.

but my problem is,if i be on rejections and stay on appeal,once if i get MBA degree,can i make fresh application for PSW than how much funds i need to maintain.

with appeal can i change my circumstance and apply for PSW.

thanking you
Rasaf wrote:

ukba said:

go to the hearing, with your qualifications, most likely the judge will overturn the decision, and remember to take your IELTS with you, although they don't except new supporting evidence, if the judge does not grant your visa, you will still be able to re apply with your new CAS

when did you stop studying, if it was within the last four months then you will only need to show two months maintenance £1600 if you are in inner london

if you stopped studying more then four months ago, then you will have to show three months maintenance, if you only need a three month extension.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi all.
I have read all the discussion on this topic let me share a recent case which happened with my friend.back in may he gave an English language test in a college for the purpose of extention he failed in that test. His visa was expiring in july but he was in a hurry to apply before the implimentation of that work restriction rule so he booked another test and was luckily able to get a Cas without English test there was a line mentioned in that Cas letter that he is waiting for his result. He got a refusal straight away. He done a apeal in which his solicitor put the blame on his college that they have miss guide him. By saying that it will be ok and also showed him the two tests the one in which he failed and the other which he passed after his application. The judge gave the decision in his favour. And asked the HO to think on their dission

vkbairi

Post by vkbairi » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:48 pm

hi ya......even my college misguided in issuing CAS letter stating my Level 7 pg diploma is equilvent to english language level b2.if not i would done my english test and applied for visa.

I have applied for my visa 3 months before my visa expires.

1st july 2011 i have applied for visa

30 sept 2011 visa expired

10 oct 2011 i got refusal

now am on appeal.so hope the best for me with my hearing.more over am finishing my studies in next 30 days and need to wait for result another 30days. so literally am left with 1 month in college.

any way u didnt tell finally whether your freind got visa or not.what was the home office decision at present?
shussain452 wrote:Hi all.
I have read all the discussion on this topic let me share a recent case which happened with my friend.back in may he gave an English language test in a college for the purpose of extention he failed in that test. His visa was expiring in july but he was in a hurry to apply before the implimentation of that work restriction rule so he booked another test and was luckily able to get a Cas without English test there was a line mentioned in that Cas letter that he is waiting for his result. He got a refusal straight away. He done a apeal in which his solicitor put the blame on his college that they have miss guide him. By saying that it will be ok and also showed him the two tests the one in which he failed and the other which he passed after his application. The judge gave the decision in his favour. And asked the HO to think on their dission

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

He is still waiting for their responce as his apeal is accepted. He is waiting from the HO may be he have to re apply.

vkbairi

Post by vkbairi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 pm

hi

i went for appeal on 28 nov 2011.today i got dismisal for my appeal.they told me appeal for upper tribunal regarding this decision

what you want me to do.but already i got new CAS letter with English Pearson .(which was reason for refusal of my visa).

can i make fresh application.how much funds i need to maintain.how can i make fresh application now or can i go for upper tribunal.

my course is finishing on 17 feb 2012 in next 60days. i just want to know,how can i make fresh application and how much funds i need to maintain. pls

it will be greatfull to advice me

thanking you

Rasaf wrote:

ukba said: