ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Palestinian citizens

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elliass
BANNED

Palestinian citizens

Post by elliass » Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Dear All,

Just I am wondering if any one or any one knows a Palestinian citizen who applied before for BC application based on married to British citizen and whether he/she was born in Palestine or outside Palestine.

Just, in case there is one can you please tell me how many months did it take to be approved (the application).

Many thanks! :)

cricinfo

Re: Palestinian citizens

Post by cricinfo » Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 pm

elliass wrote:Dear All,

Just I am wondering if any one or any one knows a Palestinian citizen who applied before for BC application based on married to British citizen and whether he/she was born in Palestine or outside Palestine.

Just, in case there is one can you please tell me how many months did it take to be approved (the application).

Many thanks! :)
Don't think country of birth has anything to do with BC application. I think it all depends on clearance from different departments in UK.

MTZ01
Newly Registered

Post by MTZ01 » Thu May 10, 2012 5:57 pm

I think sometimes it does matter country where you are from what i have seen people from commonwealth country get aproval very quick and for people who are non commonwealth sometimes takes time.And for people who came as asylum seekers it might take even longer.

I know someone from commonwealth country application to aproval took about 5 weeks. and i know an asylum seeker it took 7 months.

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Thu May 10, 2012 6:37 pm

I am not sure if nationality has anything to do with it. I have seen on another immigration forum some Americans wait over 7 months to get BC and same with some Europeans.

One of the people I deal with at work was a Sudanese Asylum Seeker, he got his BC very quickly, so there does not seem to be a pattern to it.
What amazes me is your FLRM and ILR can be done in a day yet your BC can take months and months.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri May 11, 2012 9:46 am

workingmama wrote:What amazes me is your FLRM and ILR can be done in a day yet your BC can take months and months.
I think all the BC applicants go through CRB checks which is time consuming so i guess BC applications can not be dealt in one day.

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Fri May 11, 2012 10:18 am

I think all the BC applicants go through CRB checks which is time consuming so i guess BC applications can not be dealt in one day.
I remember when I had my CRB for work, it took quite a while to come back so can understand this.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

I would be very worried if the government starts to give away citizenships within a day. There is a big difference between giving the right to work/live in the country (even if indefinitely) and citizenship.

On the other hand, it is clear that the HO can't cope with the amount of applications. I think it's nearly 200,000 BC applications a year now.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri May 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Jambo wrote:I would be very worried if the government starts to give away citizenships within a day. There is a big difference between giving the right to work/live in the country (even if indefinitely) and citizenship.

On the other hand, it is clear that the HO can't cope with the amount of applications. I think it's nearly 200,000 BC applications a year now.
But equally the fact that the Home Office can't cope is irritating, because the number of applications has hardly risen suddenly. That said, the delays are generally much less now than they were, say, 10 or 15 years ago.[/i]

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 pm

I obviously do not expect BC to be sorted in a day, however its disorganised and not a transparent system unlike FLRM and ILR.

Sadly all government departments have been cut drastically and this adds to the time length I suppose.

I think the fact that we have such a huge sham marraige problem in the UK, this may add to the problem and why it appears (could be wrong) that marraige to BC applicants are waiting longer, maybe the checks are slightly different, but who knows how they work, I would love to know though and wish they would run a training course on immigration for government staff.
I have done the "Spot a fake passport/Id/Visa/Nationality Certificate one a few years back and would love for the UKBA to run one on immigration for other governmental departments but cant ever see that happening.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri May 11, 2012 3:53 pm

One of my friend applied in Oct 2010 and he got approval in 2 weeks after applying. I got approval in 3 and half months when i applied in Nov 2011. I think cutting the head counts in all government deparments have impacted the length of wait for the applicants. I think UKBA is evidently struggling with the resources they have as we are seeing in news about the lenght of queues at heathrow airport.

palestinevisit
Newly Registered

Post by palestinevisit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 am

Nice information you all provided and I would like to know that anyone is Citizen of Palestine and he/she get the job in British country, so how many months he/she can get the citizenship of British country?