ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence visa of other country

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elliass
BANNED

Residence visa of other country

Post by elliass » Thu May 10, 2012 12:29 am

Dear All,

I have query regarding my case which is explained below.

I live in the UK (most of the time) but I have a residence visa in other country (in Middle East). I am here based on married to British citizen and I applied for BC.

My residence visa is an employment visa in that foreign country. But I do not work with them any more as I left to complete my postgraduate course in the UK.

The owner of that company is one of my relatives and he wanted to keep my visa only for humanitarian reason to visit my parents any time as they are categorized as stateless and they are elderly and sick in that country; Despite I have brothers there but we are very close family and my parents always ask to see me from time to time.

That foreign country does not issue any visit visas any more for Palestinian citizens as I am a Palestinian. So if I canceled my residence visa I can not see my parents freely due to these circumstances. Also I am keeping this residence just in case urgent reasons could happen to my parents. I am travelling in a few weeks to renew it as it is going to be expired.

I am telling my case just to know if that residence visa could delay my BC application.

I need any help regarding this please! any one has the right answer will help me alots and would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance! :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 10, 2012 5:10 am

As long as you meet the requirements as a spouse of a BC, you should be fine. The fact that you have a residence card for a different country has no affect on your application.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu May 10, 2012 9:23 am

Agree with Jambo – it won't make any difference. The Home Office is interested in whether you fulfil the requirements, including the UK residence requirements, for naturalisation, and the fact that you may have a resident permit for a third country (i.e. not your country of citizenship and not the UK) will have no bearing on your case.

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Thu May 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Jambo wrote:As long as you meet the requirements as a spouse of a BC, you should be fine. The fact that you have a residence card for a different country has no affect on your application.
Thank you Jambo! :)

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Thu May 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Christophe wrote:Agree with Jambo – it won't make any difference. The Home Office is interested in whether you fulfil the requirements, including the UK residence requirements, for naturalisation, and the fact that you may have a resident permit for a third country (i.e. not your country of citizenship and not the UK) will have no bearing on your case.
Thank you Christophe! :)

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Thu May 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Elliass

Did you had employment resident visa in your passport when you applied for BC.

Jaffar

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 10, 2012 12:44 pm

jaffar wrote:Hi Elliass

Jaffar
Jaffar,

Please note that unlike you, Elliass is married to a British Citizen so future intentions are not required.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Thu May 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Jambo

sorry jambo.I did not know that If you are married to BC,future intentions are not required.

As adviced by you before,I did not went for employment in middle east and may take employment in middle east after i apply for BC in aug 2012.

Jaffar

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Thu May 10, 2012 2:24 pm

Jaffar
Yes I did! and still valid!

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Thu May 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Elliass

Thank you for your reply.thats fine.
Inshallah you will get BC Certificate soon.
Jaffar

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Thu May 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Thank you for your reply.thats fine.
Inshallah you will get BC Certificate soon.
Jaffar
Thank you Brother! you too :)