ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Referees Question

Post by ReallyFedup » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi,
Apologies if there is already an existing thread discussing this already, which I could not find. I hope someone can answer this question for me.

I have a friend who is FSA registered, he is a Bonds Trader, aka a Broker Dealer.

Can he be considered as a Broker category as per the HO list?

Note that a Broker is different in than a Broker Dealer

I am really not sure what type of broker they mean and whether the telling factor would be membership of the FSA

Also his contract would actually say he is Trader, not Broker Dealer anyways. Yet another term is Market Maker or Liquidity Provider

I wonder whether they would be accepted as a referee in my application for naturalisation

P.s. Here I am talking about the reference that requires someone with a proffessional standing :)

Appreciate your help