ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PO Check and Send - Doubts

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR_Queries

PO Check and Send - Doubts

Post by ILR_Queries » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am

Hi All,

I went to the local post office to use the Check and Send service. The guy who checked it had to return my application citing the following changes,

1) I was about to send 2 of my previous passports. One cancelled, in which all my visa's have been stamped. The other was the new passport. He asked me to just mention the new passport and not to send the old cancelled passport. Is this correct?

2) Also i read in one of sticky note here in this forum that Grandparents details are not required to be filled in Section 8. But this guy is still insisting on mentioning the Grandparents details. Though i am not claiming to be British as a descendant.

3) My other doubt is that Should we send the Naturalisation Certificate Original copy along with my application or not?.

I am in urgency to send my application. Hence this direct post.

Please clarify my doubts.

Kind Regards

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 am

Personally wouldnt use the check and send service. They are not particularly well trained and can reject things that would (or at least may) be accepted.

1) The document asks for all passports. If you have two I'd send both

2) We didnt include grandparents and it was never asked for

3) Yes, you must send the original naturalisation certificate

Personally just sent it directly myself rather than using check and send and got through even though our counter signatory's signature was massively outside the box, even outside of the grey border of the box!

kindred_1st

Post by kindred_1st » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:21 am

1) I was about to send 2 of my previous passports. One cancelled, in which all my visa's have been stamped. The other was the new passport. He asked me to just mention the new passport and not to send the old cancelled passport. Is this correct?

Ans: It depends, is your cancelled passport the one you entered the UK with? If yes, then you should provide it. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174100

I know its a little confusing but I believe IPS set this rule on the belief that your current passport and the passport on which you entered the UK, is the same PPT. In my instance, I had to send both.

2) Also i read in one of sticky note here in this forum that Grandparents details are not required to be filled in Section 8. But this guy is still insisting on mentioning the Grandparents details. Though i am not claiming to be British as a descendant.

Ans: I found it easier to attach a letter with my grandparents details. If you don't know it, just put "grandparents details unknown" in section 8. They can't doubt you on it or question you on it in the interview, if you claim no knowledge of it

3) My other doubt is that Should we send the Naturalisation Certificate Original copy along with my application or not?.

Ans: Yes, you need to send the original; the IPS do not accept copies.

Hope this helps and good luck with your application.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Friendinneeed and kindred_1st

Thanks for your replies.

In Section 3 of the Passport application, it mentions like this,

"You must send all uncancelled passports with the application".

Hence my confusion.

kindred_1st,

Yes, the first passport is the one which i used to enter this country.

kindred_1st

Post by kindred_1st » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 am

ILR_Queries wrote:Hi Friendinneeed and kindred_1st

Thanks for your replies.

In Section 3 of the Passport application, it mentions like this,

"You must send all uncancelled passports with the application".

Hence my confusion.

kindred_1st,

Yes, the first passport is the one which i used to enter this country.
Correct and I can understand your confusion because the guidance notes says to send the passport on which you first entered the UK. This passport may be cancelled depending on when you entered the UK and the length of validity of your native country's passport. Explain this to the gentleman at the PO, the reason why 2 is required OR don't use the C&S service.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am

Also you can try C&S service at different post office.