ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Silly questions about applying passport, need advise.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tbbcuk

Silly questions about applying passport, need advise.

Post by tbbcuk » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 pm

I am applying my first British Passport soon.
I am going to use a A4 envelope to send my application as I don’t want to bend my certificate to fit their own small envelope. I wonder when they return my certificate, will they still fold it?? If I provide a return A4 envelope inside, will they send my certificate with my enclosed A4 envelope?

2nd question: in Part 4A: I born after 31 Dec 1982, the form then ask you to fill in parent detail, do I need to tick the box that 'I born outside UK' even the previous answer does not lead to this question??

3nd question: Do I need to send my Birth Certificate? Mine one is in my home country and I don't know I can even find it.

Last question, I am planning to send the application on my own rather than using check and send, as I was told check and send actually take longer to arrive. If I use Next Day Special Delivery, at least I can check online that the application has arrived safely. Anyone against doing this way?

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:40 am

could anyone give me some quick advise, I know some questions may sound silly.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:51 am

1. Maybe yes. Maybe not. You can try.
2. No. If born after 1983, place of birth is not required for parents details section.
3. No need for birth certificate if you were not born British or in the UK.
4. I don't think C&S is delivered much later. Some PO might not send the application the same day but it would not more than 1-2 days difference. The main difference is in the processing time of the application and that depends on the number of the applications pending in that particular passport office.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Thank you for your reply Jambo.

Is there more than one passport office? The envelope only have one address, which is Muillburngate House, Durham?

Once my application arrive Durham, will they re-send it to other passport office?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Just want to ask, can I choose which one to send to?? (so to avoid London one as its always busy)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 pm

You can just pick up another envelope. IPS distribute envelopes with different addresses to spread the demand. London might be busy (for interviews) but might have more staff so process time might be quicker. You are over thinking this too much. Send the application. It normally takes about 2-3 weeks to get an invitation for an interview.

kindred_1st

Post by kindred_1st » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:38 am

tbbcuk just so you know, I sent my appl via C&S and insisted that my cert not be folded and sent in the A4 Do Not Bend envelope I provided. The lady put up a brave fight but lost in the end.

My docs and cert came back today, in the envelope I sent them in (which had the pre-paid postage)