ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Checking Service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gopaalan

Nationality Checking Service

Post by Gopaalan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Is there anyone who submitted the Naturalisation Application on their own (with out using Nationality Checking Service)

I think this service is very expensive (£65 per person) and am thinking of submitting on my own. I submitted my ILR Application on my own and there wasn't any problem. My confusion here is this form requires referees and whether they are valid etc. So would like to hear from someone who applied on their own.

Any advise from anyone?

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Unless you need to keep your documents, in my opinion there's no big advantage of using the NCS.
NCS will not tell you if your referees are valid, beyond (maybe) checking that one of them has a British passport.
So if you're careful (and looks like you are if you successfully applied for ILR), I think you will have no problem.
-----
Alex

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks Alex.

If we are sending the Application by post roughly how long will it take to get the originals (passport) back? I read somewhere it's around 2.5 months. Or is it the time to make a decision on the Application?

If we can get my passport back within a month or so we would be happy send it on our own.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 pm

There is no consistent pattern on how they return the documents. I think it depends on the case-worker. I have read posts from people who:

1. Got the documents returned well before getting their approval letter.

2. Got the documents few days/weeks before getting their approval letter.

3. Got the documents along with the approval letter.

My personal experience - Applied at the end of Feb, haven't got my documents or the naturalisation result.

If there is likelyhood of travelling before you get the result, I would recommend NCS. If you don't care how long it would take to return the documents, post in on your own.

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Gopaalan wrote:Thanks Alex.

If we are sending the Application by post roughly how long will it take to get the originals (passport) back? I read somewhere it's around 2.5 months. Or is it the time to make a decision on the Application?

If we can get my passport back within a month or so we would be happy send it on our own.
I would say its better to send it on your own if you dont need your documents for next 3-4 months, I applied myself on 08 March and got documents back along with approval on 15 May.
NCS wont take my application because I had a traffic offence.

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Thank you both manoj & friend12345