ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driver Awarness Course + Penalty Charge Notice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maze_bc
Newly Registered

Driver Awarness Course + Penalty Charge Notice

Post by maze_bc » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi All,

I received a NIP for speeding in Aug 2011 and was offered to attend an awareness course which I successfully completed and have received a letter from police stating that the NIP is now dropped (no points on license).

And in Sep 2011 I received a PCN from the council for using the bus lane which I have paid immediately.

Will this impact my citizenship application? I would like to know your views if the first point will considered as a minor offence? If yes then do I fall in the category of having 2 minor offence in 12 months? i.e. is PCN from the council considered as a minor offence?

Thanks.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:53 pm

None of the two matters you have mentioned has any effect on naturalisation application.

To explain why

Speeding charge was dropped in lieu of speed awareness course, end of the matter. Imagine nothing happened.

Bus lane PCN: First of all, fixed penalty notices do not need to be disclosed. And most importantly Penalty Charge Notice aka PCN issued by council is not even a fixed penalty notice.

So just forget about both of the matters and apply for naturlisation as if nothing ever happened.

maze_bc
Newly Registered

Post by maze_bc » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:52 pm

[quote="asim72"]None of the two matters you have mentioned has any effect on naturalisation application.

To explain why

Speeding charge was dropped in lieu of speed awareness course, end of the matter. Imagine nothing happened.

Bus lane PCN: First of all, fixed penalty notices do not need to be disclosed. And most importantly Penalty Charge Notice aka PCN issued by council is not even a fixed penalty notice.

So just forget about both of the matters and apply for naturlisation as if nothing ever happened.[/quote]

Hi asim72, Thanks a lot for your response.

Is there anyone in this category?

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:11 pm

anyone in what category?