ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application - No progress for more than 2 months..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jack_seth

MN1 application - No progress for more than 2 months..

Post by jack_seth » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi,

I have applied my child's MN1 application on 4th May 2012. So far I have received only acknowledgement. Please find my time line below.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: section 1(3);
Method of application: NCS NEWHAM 04/05/2012
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/05/2012
Date of debit of fees: 12/05/2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/05/2012
Date of approval: Pending
Date of receipt of documents: NA
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Pending

I would like to know to whom i can contact to know about progress of my application. Many other ppl got their MN1 approval with in 4-6 weeks time window.

Your help in this matter will be really appreciated!!!

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:53 pm

I am in the same situation.

I sent an email to them and they responded that it is still under 6 months so i have to cool down.

push

Post by push » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:04 am

People who applied around the same time as you have recently received their approvals, so you should be hearing from UKBA soon.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Post by push » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:06 am

Btw, under which section did you apply?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Push,

Thank you for your response. I have applied MN1 under section 1(3).

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:11 pm

I am same as you applied under same MN1 section1(3) on 3rd May 2012 through Bedford NCS service and received the acknowledgment on 13 May 2012 and then after that a complete silence. I phone them but same as this is less than 6 months then no answer also I have moved home and sent them and email and write them a letter to change the address but still no response. I have seen some people who applied after me got their approvals so it's a bit disturbing time. Please let me know when you receive a response and I would do the same if I receive before you.

Thanks and please keep me posted..........

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 am

umeruzair wrote:I am same as you applied under same MN1 section1(3) on 3rd May 2012 through Bedford NCS service and received the acknowledgment on 13 May 2012 and then after that a complete silence. I phone them but same as this is less than 6 months then no answer also I have moved home and sent them and email and write them a letter to change the address but still no response.
You have made an application and they have acknowledged it. They made it known in advance that application may take 6 months to decide

Now until they decide the application there can only be silence from them. Do you expect them to send a letter at regular intervals repeating the infomation they have provided you already. You have advised them your new address, so now what could possibly be their response?

There is no point in ringing them either. Actually ringing them is wasting their time, and depriving people with genuine enquiries a chance to get through their phone, by needlessly clogging the enquiry line.

If you have an appointment with doctor 3 pm, you just turn up at their surgery at 3 pm, simple. Or do you just start ringing them from 10 am and keep asking for confirmation of appointment every hour?

Imagine if someone really did that, what would you think about that person?

Half of this forum is also cluttered by this same repeated monotonous posts by people just asking the same thing "how long" "how long" :evil:

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:30 am

asim72,

Thanks for your discouraging statement to the genuine question. You have correctly pointed by saying that keep ringing them is just wasting their time and also clogging the enquiry line however if you have a problem what would you do just sit on it or try to find a way around it. It’s about the attitude I think you probably sit on it but I would try to find the solution. I have changed my address and what they can do is to sent me either an email acknowledgement or postal stating that all the future communication will be at the new address. You are right saying that you will not contacting the surgery to reconfirm your appointment but as you might do not know the HO they can cancel your appointment (unlike surgery) without any reason. I have had this problem with them as there is a lack of communication between the applicant and HO.

Lastly this forum has been created for the member to help each other by exchanging their concerns about the applications, also by sharing the appointment experience or else just to share the knowledge of others applications. Please note we all here to help each other not to discuss how HO should work. Whenever you have a query you would contact them and also the timescale is up to six month however there are many other applicants who had received their confirmation much sooner than us so what is the justification of processing time for the same application. All of us applied for the same category and same rules applies to all which means we all should receive the response almost at the same time and not one received within a month and next after 6 months.

Thanks for your non required comments however I would suggest if you have alot of free time then please spent it for the benefit of humanity.

jack_seth

Post by jack_seth » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Asim,
As you said, We had an appointment at 3PM but we have not been called by doctor. But the people met the doctor who are all having appointment at 9PM.

Thats why we would like to know from Doctor whether we have been missed out from their calling list.

If you can't help out the people's problem, better you can keep quit with out wasting your time.

asim72 wrote:
umeruzair wrote:I am same as you applied under same MN1 section1(3) on 3rd May 2012 through Bedford NCS service and received the acknowledgment on 13 May 2012 and then after that a complete silence. I phone them but same as this is less than 6 months then no answer also I have moved home and sent them and email and write them a letter to change the address but still no response.
You have made an application and they have acknowledged it. They made it known in advance that application may take 6 months to decide

Now until they decide the application there can only be silence from them. Do you expect them to send a letter at regular intervals repeating the infomation they have provided you already. You have advised them your new address, so now what could possibly be their response?

There is no point in ringing them either. Actually ringing them is wasting their time, and depriving people with genuine enquiries a chance to get through their phone, by needlessly clogging the enquiry line.

If you have an appointment with doctor 3 pm, you just turn up at their surgery at 3 pm, simple. Or do you just start ringing them from 10 am and keep asking for confirmation of appointment every hour?

Imagine if someone really did that, what would you think about that person?

Half of this forum is also cluttered by this same repeated monotonous posts by people just asking the same thing "how long" "how long" :evil:

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 pm

umeruzair wrote:asim72,

Thanks for your discouraging statement to the genuine question. You have correctly pointed by saying that keep ringing them is just wasting their time and also clogging the enquiry line however if you have a problem what would you do just sit on it or try to find a way around it. It’s about the attitude I think you probably sit on it but I would try to find the solution. I have changed my address and what they can do is to sent me either an email acknowledgement or postal stating that all the future communication will be at the new address. You are right saying that you will not contacting the surgery to reconfirm your appointment but as you might do not know the HO they can cancel your appointment (unlike surgery) without any reason. I have had this problem with them as there is a lack of communication between the applicant and HO.

Lastly this forum has been created for the member to help each other by exchanging their concerns about the applications, also by sharing the appointment experience or else just to share the knowledge of others applications. Please note we all here to help each other not to discuss how HO should work. Whenever you have a query you would contact them and also the timescale is up to six month however there are many other applicants who had received their confirmation much sooner than us so what is the justification of processing time for the same application. All of us applied for the same category and same rules applies to all which means we all should receive the response almost at the same time and not one received within a month and next after 6 months.

Thanks for your non required comments however I would suggest if you have alot of free time then please spent it for the benefit of humanity.
First of all, I do not understand why my comments are discouraging. What way could someone encourage or discourage you, you have done what you had to do i.e made an application already.
More importantly, on this forum the question should not arise of encouraging or discouraging anyone. This forum is mainly about the law/rules/procedures. Though there can be exchange of personal experiences, that clarifies the possible practical ways to achieve a goal.

Telling as it is can be the best way, even if it sounds harsh. When I know myself that ringing them or chasing them in circumstances like your's is a pure paste of time, why should I then just go on and give you the so called “encouragement” and advice you to waste even more time by asking you to keep ringing and chasing them.

First you said yourself that “Please note we all here to help each other not to discuss how HO should work”.

And then you contradict yourself immediately and then express the way you think HO should work.

“All of us applied for the same category and same rules applies to all which means we all should receive the response almost at the same time and not one received within a month and next after 6 months.”

I know a thing or two about how HO works, and why identical applications take different timescales to resolve, but then it would end up being a long article, which I don't think is necessary.

As far as your address notification to HO and them not acknowledging it is concerned, HO does not acknowledge any such communication. In the ideal world I personally would want them to acknowledge such letters, but the fact of the matter is, HO has never done this in their history. Yes, they do chicken-ups and cause misery many a times. But I am here to tell how it works in practice.

Anyways, I hope you sent the letter notifying your new address by recorded delivery.

Most importantly, Ramadhan Mubarak.

ujjwaldey
Newly Registered

Post by ujjwaldey » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I know a thing or two about how HO works, and why identical applications take different timescales to resolve, but then it would end up being a long article, which I don't think is necessary.
Actually, it will be interesting for many of us to know how the HO actually works, if you can bring yourself to write the long article