ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions 2.1 and 3.12 on Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blahJ
Newly Registered

Questions 2.1 and 3.12 on Form AN

Post by blahJ » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi all, I am not so sure how I should answer a couple of questions on Form AN:

2.1 asks for "Date and place of first arrival in the United Kingdom (see page 7 of the Guide)." Whereas, page 7 of the guide states "Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis".

However, when I first entered the UK, I did not initially have "a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis". So I'm wondering if I should just answer the date on which I first entered and ignore the guide?

3.12 says "Have you engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?"

There was one incident where my friends and I had an argument with strangers, we poured water on each other and the police was called.
But the officer dismissed it as not being "a police matter" and required us to apologize to each other as well as to pay for each other's suit dry cleaning - which we all did. No one was fined/arrested, but the officer did take the contact detail of everyone.
I'm wondering if this should be included in the answer to this question?

Expert views and personal experiences are all welcome. Thank you.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Questions 2.1 and 3.12 on Form AN

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:28 am

2.1: That depends very much on the nature of your stays. If you visited for a holiday, ignore those stays. Without knowing the nature of your stays and how long they lasted, it is impossible to answer, though.

3.12: Probably not, but that is very thin ice. I think it would be safest course to mention it, but keept it down and don't go into any details - but mention that the police acted as mediator rather than law enforcement.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 am

If the Police just took names then that is routine, if they dismissed this as being trivial and police involvement not needed then you should be fine, you were NOT even given a caution, so I would just leave this out.

You can put this down, but it will just delay the application. I woudl have put it down if at best I had been cautioned.

3.12 says "Have you engaged in any other activities which might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?"

There was one incident where my friends and I had an argument with strangers, we poured water on each other and the police was called.
But the officer dismissed it as not being "a police matter" and required us to apologize to each other as well as to pay for each other's suit dry cleaning - which we all did. No one was fined/arrested, but the officer did take the contact detail of everyone.
I'm wondering if this should be included in the answer to this question?

Expert views and personal experiences are all welcome. Thank you.[/quote]

blahJ
Newly Registered

Post by blahJ » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:35 am

Thank you both for replying.

The police officer wrote down our names and contact number on a notebook she kept in her vest pocket.

I'm not sure what is a caution and the officer did not mention the word "caution" at all. The officer did say "don't pour water on people in the future", is this a caution?

Thanks again.
bobobo wrote:If the Police just took names then that is routine, if they dismissed this as being trivial and police involvement not needed then you should be fine, you were NOT even given a caution, so I would just leave this out.

You can put this down, but it will just delay the application. I woudl have put it down if at best I had been cautioned.
[/quote]

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:39 am

blahJ wrote:I'm not sure what is a caution and the officer did not mention the word "caution" at all
Then it wasn't a caution. :) Even a simple caution is a fairly formal thing and requires that you are told by the police officer why (under which section, paragraph, ...) you are cautioned.

blahJ
Newly Registered

Post by blahJ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:59 am

Thanks for replying.

Any other member have opinions on if I should include this in 3.12?
Gyfrinachgar wrote:
blahJ wrote:I'm not sure what is a caution and the officer did not mention the word "caution" at all
Then it wasn't a caution. :) Even a simple caution is a fairly formal thing and requires that you are told by the police officer why (under which section, paragraph, ...) you are cautioned.