ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residency and Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elenafj
Newly Registered

Permanent Residency and Citizenship application

Post by Elenafj » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:54 am

Hi All,

I have a quick question. I was reading somewhere that if you have PR you do not have to complete the 6 years history for EU citizens.

I received my PR card in April 2012 but i was eligible since Sept 2011, do I have to complete the whole 6 years history or not?

Silly me did not print a copy of the PR application and now i am going back by approx dates when I have been out of the country in 2006 to 2009.

Thank you for your help

mcovet
BANNED

Re: Permanent Residency and Citizenship application

Post by mcovet » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Elenafj wrote:Hi All,

I have a quick question. I was reading somewhere that if you have PR you do not have to complete the 6 years history for EU citizens.

I received my PR card in April 2012 but i was eligible since Sept 2011, do I have to complete the whole 6 years history or not?

Silly me did not print a copy of the PR application and now i am going back by approx dates when I have been out of the country in 2006 to 2009.

Thank you for your help
no, you DO NOT have to wait! If you can prove that you were eligible for PR since 09/11, then apply NOW on form AN directly for citizenship having been free from immigration control for 1 year on the day of application (thus, if you wait till April 2013, the PR stamp proves that 1 year. Whereas if you want to apply earlier, you would have to satisfy the UKBA that you were entitled to PR in Sep 2011!).

Good luck and you have a good situation compared to many here, as you actually have PR confirmed by the UKBA.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 pm

If you apply 1 year after the issue date of the PR Confirmation, you don't need to complete the 6 years details (Q2.4-2.6 in the form). If you apply before that (but after 6 years of residence), you do need to prove the 6 years all over again.

With regards to the travel dates, you need to fill it in anyway as the requirements for PR with regards to absences are different from BC.